Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reg (vfdcaptain) & I picked up our Clearview windscreens with vents and installed them yesterday and I am pleased to inform you Executive owners that the Clearview windscreen fits the Executive. I made a template from the OEM windscreen and used the template to mark the drilling points, the template was dead on. I have sent the template to John at Clearview Screens so they can manufacture the Clearview for other Executive owners.

The Clearview screen eliminated all the buffeting that I was getting from the OEM windscreen and provides excellent body and hand protection. The vent allows a significant airflow to the rider and assists in keeping the rider cool even on a hot west coast day like yesterday, mid 80’s. Our windscreens are a bit tall so we will need to cut them down to the ideal height. I am very pleased with the Clearview windscreen. :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yes, we had a great time picking up the windscreens south of the border (made it easier to return in case sometime was wrong with them). Anyhow, after picking them up & installing them, Al and I headed down through Bellingham to Whitbey Island, where we were going to take the Keystone Ferry to Port Townsend. A shorter trip would take us to the Port Angeles Ferry and across to Victoria, BC.

Big problem was a phone call to Blackball Ferries (while we where waiting for the Keystone Ferry), told us that the 5:30 pm sailing of the Port Angeles Ferry was booked up solid (no room even for motorcycles). We ended up back tracking to Bellingham, where we ate an awesome Mexican dinner, before heading for the Canadian Border, BC Ferries to Vancouver Island and back home.

Arrived home hours later than we expected, but the new windshields proved to be great on the backroads and the I-5 Interstate. Like Al, I am very pleased with the quality of the Clearview screen, it's slight grey tint and the awesome air vent. They even supplied longer screws as the windscreen is a little thicker.

Thank you Clearview! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've ordered an XL with vent thanks to Al's pioneeering work. John at Clearview is just waiting for Al's template to arrive.

Brian

·
Registered
639 Posts
The construction quality of the Clearview windshields is excellent. Wind protection on the body (especially the hands) from the wider screen is something that will really be appreciated on those wet, cold winter days.

Both of our XXL's are too tall, but I'd rather cut it myself to the exact height that I want it. Al, of course, has the option of moving his up and down with the press of a button (Executive Edition). Lucky guy! :)

In short, you're going to love your new Clearview! It's the windshield that should have come on the Burgman in the first place (for us bigger North Americans). :D

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Al, how far does the exec WS move up and down?

Brian, did you get your XL? How is it working out?

Both, what is your height and inseam? I am thinking about the WS height I may need with the exec adjustment feature. I would like to have my line of vision just over the of the WS in the lowest position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts