Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if everyone got this on the forum or not, but in case you are intested here is some news from Clearview:
Hello Burgman 400 riders,

Phase one of the design process has stared. Within this first step we try to take in as much rider input in regards to performance of the stock screen and any competitor's offerings as we can get. From that review we compile a design report that will be used through the remaining phases of design.

Out of the stacks of requests I was only able to find two that gave specific data that we can use (Those of which are featured below). The Burgman forums supply many references to different types of issues that people have about their bike, the time needed to sift through all of the responses for the information that we can use can be overwhelming.

Please help us get through this first phase by August 26, 2005, by submiting a small review of the problems your present windshield has and what you would like to see on the new screen. Please keep your responses brief for or quick review.

Thank You

Craig Stenger
Production Manager
Clearview Shields

John - Thanks so much for your call. I am a definite client for a windshield for my 400. Orig. one is 2" too short, and too narrow for me. Wind hits hand and shoulders.
So let me know when you have something.
K. C. Hicks

Clearview,
Do you make a replacement shield for the Suzuki Bergman 400? And if not, do you have any plans to build one in the near future? I get too much wind buffeting on the stock Suzuki shield.
I put one of your shields on my PC800 and loved it.
Bill Ong

Hope this means that things are getting done/closer--Winter is coming--even in North Carolina and I'm thinking "protection!!" :shock:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Windshield Design

Anybody know if Clearview and/or Givi do any wind tunnel testing of windshield sizes/shapes?? Tests with rider-dummy on bike, with wind head-on AND with wind quartering at various angles to get more true picture of size/shape of "quiet area" behind windshield. Tape yarn tufts on rider-dummy. Run smoke streamers. Shoot slo-mo movies. Analyze effect of airstream on yarn tufts and smoke streamers, etc. Seems like only real way to know what will do the job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
clearview

I'm 6' and 300lbs and the wind beats the heck out of me ( buffeting).
need something wider, pass the grips and taller.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm thinking of marketing pillows the size of the handlebars so I can
lean far forward and relax.
That and a throttle-lock and I'd be set.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yet, ....one more update I recieved from Clearview....just in case
no one else is getting these... 8)
Hello Again Burgman 400 owners,

Thanks again for your input regarding our request for information. Much of the detailed descriptions will help us establish guidelines for the design of the new Burgman 400 GT screen product line. All of the emails have been reviewed and a first draft of our design report will be out to you shortly.

Thank You again for your participation.

Craig Stenger
Production Manager
Clearview Shields

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking Forward to Clearview

I'm not hearing Clearview info from anywhere else, so I appreciate your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts