Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm looking at buying one of their shields. Is the vent worth it? If anyone has one with a vent, how often do you use it, is it worth the upgrade, and is it good all year round since I'm in AZ, I ride year round, so in cold/hot, does the vent help. Thx.

·
Registered
13 Posts
GK, I have the tall shield with the vent. The vent is worth getting in my opinion. For morning commutes, I close the vent and open it in the afternoon. I definitely helps with airflow during warmer days. In fact, I think I would re-install my stock shield in the summer riding season if I did not have the vent.

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
I also have the vent in the Clearview on my 400. Like uspenjp I find it useful. It helps direct some air to my chest and the vents on my helmet chin guard. It stays open in the summer unless it is raining. Other times of the year it's adjusted from full open to full closed depending on the air temp.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have a GIVI with no vent. Here in Texas I wish it had one.
I've had several other bikes and vents in a hot climate are definitely worth it. In the colder areas it probably doesn't matter that much.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you soooo much for the reviews. I'm gonna need the XL, so I was thinking the vent. So, I guess I'll pay extra and get it. And I was looking at their site, and it said you can add extra material to the width. Does anyone have one like that? I would love to see a picture. And, is that width comparable to the givi shield?

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
I think you miss read their site. The extra width reference is in relation to the stock windshield. As far as I know they only come in one width that is about 7 inches wider than stock at the bottom and 3 at the top. The pictures on their site show what it looks like.

You can confirm that by trying to order one on their site. There is only one width option. You can't get the add to cart button unless you click that option.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
You can request custom sizes
Good people to work with and don't be afraid of the blem stock.
Never could find the flaws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts