Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a copy of an email I received this evening from Clearview. You folks with 400's, please give them some input as to your requirements for a new Clearview shield. Thanks. Bill..

Email;;

Hello Burgman 400 riders,

Phase one of the design process has stared. Within this first step we try to take in as much rider input in regards to performance of the stock screen and any competitor's offerings as we can get. From that review we compile a design report that will be used through the remaining phases of design.

Out of the stacks of requests I was only able to find two that gave specific data that we can use (Those of which are featured below). The Burgman forums supply many references to different types of issues that people have about their bike, the time needed to sift through all of the responses for the information that we can use can be overwhelming.

Please help us get through this first phase by August 26, 2005, by submiting a small review of the problems your present windshield has and what you would like to see on the new screen. Please keep your responses brief for or quick review.

Thank You

Craig Stenger
Production Manager
Clearview Shields

John - Thanks so much for your call. I am a definite client for a windshield for my 400. Orig. one is 2" too short, and too narrow for me. Wind hits hand and shoulders.
So let me know when you have something.
K. C. Hicks

Clearview,
Do you make a replacement shield for the Suzuki Bergman 400? And if not, do you have any plans to build one in the near future? I get too much wind buffeting on the stock Suzuki shield.
I put one of your shields on my PC800 and loved it.
Bill Ong

End-of-email...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Take the shield that I have right now, the OEM shield with a Laminer Lip located as far up as it will go. For my 6' frame, it's perfect. Not too much wind, not too little, just right!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Scooter riders are in many ways a little different than motorcycle riders; I beleive that many more of us buy our bikes for practical transportation, as a percentage, than do other riders. That means riding in _all_ weather conditions. In my case, I work nights in rainy Tennessee. On any given day, when I leave home I _have_ to accept the possibility of riding home at night in the rain. Furthermore, on any kind of long trips I have to accept this possibility as well. Therefore, rain visibility is my number one concern.

The Givi would be perfect if it shed rain properly. Even with Rain-X, it collects droplets right in the rider's line of sight and then the slipstream holds them there. Please, please, PLEASE make sure your your new windscreen does not do that! Make the slipstream act as a wiper blade! Right now I have a choice between severe buffeting with the stock screen, and safety risks using my Givi out in the rain and the dark. Both optons suck, and I am waiting eagerly for an offering from your company which does _not_ suck.

Thank you!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a reminder folks with 400's. You can post your requirements here on this thread, but what Clearview is asking is that you email them with your requirments for a new shield. If you just post your thoughts here they won't get the input.

Bill

PS, I'm just the messenger

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Clearview is sending the above emails to a lot of us ( I think) This is the best place in town to get 400 feedback.
Already answered mine. :)

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
That's all well and good. Would be better if an email address to write to was included in this thread. Guess no sense including my input here.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts