Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a clearview shield with the vent back in the first week of April. Last night I zipped off an email to find out what is taking so long. They told me the shields were on back order and that it was on a truck today, and would take a week to get to me !!!!!!
to start with, I'm not pleased to have to wait a month, and then on top of that find out its going to take a week to get it to me, (NYS).
I just hope it is worth the wait.
I just felt I had to vent, now I feel better, I don't have to kick the cat.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
It should be worth the wait, they make a good product :)
As far a venting, why not ?
Especially if it makes life easer on the cat :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clearview Shield

I also ordered one on 4/13/05. I was just about to call and check on the status.

·
Registered
355 Posts
It took a month to get mine last year. worth the wait.

as for venting, my clearview came with a vent ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
JohnnyDeath said:
It took a month to get mine last year. worth the wait.

as for venting, my clearview came with a vent ...
I agree with JohnnyDeath, absolutly without a doubt, it is worth the wait; especially if you get the vent.

·
Registered
394 Posts
wilder days said:
I ordered a clearview shield with the vent back in the first week of April. Last night I zipped off an email to find out what is taking so long. They told me the shields were on back order and that it was on a truck today, and would take a week to get to me...
May I asked from where you order it?

I know that Two Wheel Touring, a maxiscooter specific accessories dealer, generally tries to keep a couple of these windshields in stock, at least for Burgmans and Silver Wings. It would surprise me to find out that they were out of stock.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the play on the word "vent"
Thanks for understanding my frustration.
I ordered it directly from Clearview.

BTW, I don't have a cat...anymore. I still miss him though. I had to put him down a few years ago, he got hit by a car, broke his back. That was the first time I've ever cried for an animal. "Ozzy" was the coolest cat ever.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Wilder,

I think I ordered mine the same day you did. I'm not worried about it. It'll get here when it gets here - I've dealt with them several times before. I got one shield that was slightly defective. They actually arranged for UPS to pick it up and paid the return shipping. They stand behind their product.

I'm actually excited to hear that yours in on the truck. Maybe mine is too! So what if it's a slow truck. :lol:

Actually I know why the take the cheapest shipping rate. I sold my XXL in the classifieds here and it cost me about $50 to ship it the cheapest way with UPS. Parcel Post would have cost the same. The problem is that all the carriers classify it as an "oversized" package - and charge accordingly.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
wilder days said:
I ordered a clearview shield with the vent back in the first week of April. ...They told me the shields were on back order and that it was on a truck today, and would take a week to get to me...I'm not pleased to have to wait a month, and then on top of that find out its going to take a week to get it to me...I just hope it is worth the wait. ...
I feel your pain.

Last month I ordered a custom sword from Japan (because I'm so much taller than the average Japanese, I have to get custom), and was told it would take three months. Then I got an e-mail saying it would be another month, because there is some kind of shortage of the type of wood (honoki, a magnolia) used for the scabbard and hilt.

The wait is killing me, but good things come to those who wait I suppose.

pauljo said:
...Actually I know why the take the cheapest shipping rate. I sold my XXL in the classifieds here and it cost me about $50 to ship it the cheapest way with UPS. Parcel Post would have cost the same. The problem is that all the carriers classify it as an "oversized" package - and charge accordingly.
I bought a yumi (Japanese longbow) a few years back; it is over 7 feet long. Even though it only weighed a few pounds, the shipping was more than the original cost of the bow! (I had arranged for a friend to bring it home with him after a visit to Japan, but when it arrived at his mother-in-law's house she didn't understand that she was to hold it, and she mailed it to him -- First Class Air!)

Now whenever I order odd-sized items, I try to bundle other items -- for myself or for friends and collegues -- in the same package.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know I should be patient, and I'm not saying that Clearview is pulling a fast one. It just seemed odd that the day after I emailed them asking the status of my order, they replyed that it had just been shipped.
The reason why I'm anxious for it is, I wanted it so I could ride early in the spring, when the mornings are quite cold. I was looking forward to the extra protection that I need. One of the reasons why I traded in my intruder for a burgman was so I could ride earlier in the spring, and later in the fall. But, as you all know, the stock windshield doesn't give one much protection. It gives me less protection then the sporty windshield I had on the intruder.

....and yes, I'm not very patient when it comes to things I want. Once I make up my mind, and order something, "I want it now !!!" :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
wilder days said:
I know I should be patient, (snipped)....and yes, I'm not very patient when it comes to things I want. Once I make up my mind, and order something, "I want it now !!!" :lol: :lol:
I hear ya! I can be patient if I know up front something is going to take time to get to me. My irritation grows if I've been billed, but nothing has shipped. If I can't get a tracking number from a company I won't do business with them again. And like you, I'm suspicious that they only shipped the day after you complained. Sounds to me like they lost track of your order. Clearview... tsk, tsk, tsk! :x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Back Order

I too ordered an XXL with vent a little while ago. Initially, was told a couple of weeks. I emailed Craig ( I was impatient) Craig says things are catching up. Had some new people to train and wants to insure that a quality product is shipped. For me that alone is worth the wait. Like Paul said " It'll get here when it gets here.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Dealing with the hurricane of wind drops blasting off of the front surfaces of the bike is making me impatient. Gonna have to take a trip to Canada next week.... in the rain. Gonna have to respray my gloves.

Hope your shields come to you in one piece and soon.

regards

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My wife and I started out for a ride to the lake yesterday. Burgman said it was 66 degrees. We ended up going for ice cream and coming back home, too cold.
No, we didn't dress right for the weather. When we left, it was darm warm, but once on the bike, 66 degrees felt darm chilly.
I'll be going for a couple hundred mile trip today, but you know I'll be dressed for it. Heavy turtleneck sweater, leathers, heavy gloves...etc.
If I had a good shield, I wouldn't need to dress like i do in the dead of winter.
The stock wind shield just isn't cutting it for me in this chilly weather. On my 1400, I had a Memphis shades sport shield , and it gave me more protection then this stock screen on the 650.
call me a whoose, but my idea of a comfortable ride is NOT having to wear so many clothes, I can't easily move.
Come on clearview...papa's waiting.....and waiting.....and waiting

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Back in the 'old days' it was wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. Be glad they at least MAKE a shield for your 650. Us 400 owners are waiting for all you 650 owners to get your shields before they will even develope ours. ;)
It could always be worse.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Selias said:
It could always be worse.
"I cried because I had no shoes ... until I met a man who had no feet."

Author unknown

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Selias said:
...Be glad [Clearview] at least MAKE a shield for your 650. Us 400 owners are waiting for all you 650 owners to get your shields before they will even develope ours.
From another thread:
billmeek said:
Clearview just received a (my) 400 shield about a week ago to use to begin development of a Burgman 400 shield. They're now in contact with a (sorta) local 400 rider to do the testing / fitting. Development is supposed to start again around the middle of this month once they get pressing orders completed.
The wait may be over soon for 400 owners.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts