Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have some great news. I just spoke with a sales/tech info guy from Clearview. Their projected time line for a windscreen for the 400 is early April! So hang in their folks. They also will probably design a screen for three different heights.

I hope this comes out as planned. I rode 65 miles today and I have a lot of pain in my right ear in particular. The noise is killing me and I have never had this problem before. I'm almost thinking about ripping the screen out, but will probably invest in ear plugs.

Other than that I had the opportunity to ride on the interstate today. Even though there was a lot of traffic and I had to get off at the next exit I could not believe how smooth the scoot was at 75 mph. I didn't even notice the speed. And it was a lot more comfortable than the ole Savage.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Evelyn,
Do A search , there is a lot of information on windshields here. 8)
From what I remember it seems 4 out of 5 change shields so your not alone. :(
Clearview makes an excellent product but so does Givi.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'd hold out for the Clearview in the hopes that it might be optically better. My Givi bothered me for quite a while, but I finally got used to. Also cut it down so I could look just over the top. Will switch it off for the OEM come summer.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am aware that Givi makes a shield. But according to everyone who has written about them the shield is huge. I don't want to have to buy one size fits all and then have to cut it down. I am hoping that the Clearview will come in 3 sizes so that one of them will fit me and my cost less money than the Givi.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Evelyn,
I think you find both shields are the same size -except for Clearview coming in 3 heights, a matter of a few inches only.
Another thing you can do is call Clearview , you give them your height & inseam and they can cut a shield
to size for extra money. (if one of the standard shields is not right)
However if your happy looking through a shield -lot of riders are - then either one is fine. And ofcourse they are both easy to cut.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed a Give windshield in January and it works great for me. I'm 6' and it fits just right.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Evelyn, if you are having "a lot of trouble" riding the bike with a stock W/S. Here is another idea to consider. If I remember correctly, Clearview pushed their delivery date back a couple of times with the 650. Also, when the W/Ss were delivered, there was some changes made shortly after their introduction. Some of the 650 owners involved in the early development and delivery may be able to give you some details or correct my memory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts