Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might as well report on the results -

No question better hand protection and less over all buffeting at higher speeds and I was heading straight into a north west wind on the slab with trucks.

I do wish they made one for the Exec that was the same height as the stock as now it's not as good in the twisties for seeing over.
Lose that 1.5" and I'd say it would have been perfect for me.

I suspect this size would have been very good on the stock 2005 I had - just a bit taller than the stock but on the Exec the stock height is pretty good for me as I do not like looking through a windscreen.

But hell I'm in tourist mode and taking a bit easier in the twists likely a good idea. At 60 mhp at full down it's very sweet and I go about 1/ way up at higher speeds.

Little bit of back pressure - I almost bought the vented one but hell I'm cheap and for $122 I'm happy for touring for the rest of the year and it feels like a lot less wind on the hands. Will go for a late night when it's cooler but that would be sweet for the fall.

The company was very cooperative in getting to me. A bit more clarity on the install being the same on both models would help.

Tip for the Exec - screen full up to remove the top stock rubber grommets, full down for the bottom lets the plate behind them flex a bit more for removal.

The other tip is get a fingernail under the silver push clips and loosen them a bit - again makes it easier to wiggle the stock grommet out. Push them back in when finished.

The screen aligned well for the main bolts.
Bit of a fight to get the front shroud back on - an extra hand would have made it a cinch.

Screen feels as strong as the stock - something I did not feel with the Givi I had and parted with in a week. Did not like the rounded profile at the top of the Givi - this flatter and frankly could be just bit more squared off yet.

Recommended for sure for those on the slab or cooler weather. I'd tend to say get the vent for the back pressure control tho it's really not bad whereas the Givi I really noticed it on the back of the helmet. I think the Givi is not shaped as well as the Clearview and that was one reason I flipped it quickly.

This one is a keeper.

Blem ?? - I'm still not sure where the flaws are but I'm sure pleased with the deal :thumbup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I bought one of the Clearview "blems" and I have yet to be able to find anything that looks like a blem. I love my medium Clearview on my 2011 Exec. At the lowest it's just right for seeing over in the rain and the twisties, and at the highest it's just right for looking thru. The perfect shield for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have exactly the same viewing experience as Thomphoto with my Clearview XL. I'm 6'2"

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm 5' 9" - the medium is almost right - and is for all but the twisties but another inch lower and would be perfect.

They have another medium blem - maybe will ask if they would trim it to stock height as with the travel on the exec the medium comes up way too high now - like driving a cage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts