Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Clearview site today. Has changed from the last time I checked. I don't see where thay are offering blems any more. Am I missing something. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I noticed they don't have them listed anymore too. I had wondered how long they would sell them on the website. I expect that they decided that people were buying the blems and it was costing them too much as a business. Think about it, every blem sold is one less wind screen sold at full price. This is a business and if I was the owner of the business I would have stopped the sale of blems long ago. I have owned a small business and know that for most small business' the profit margins are pretty slim and it is easy to put yourself out of business. I bought a wind screen from them before for another bike and lean to buying one from them for my Burgman (have to save the money first).

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Administrator
18,744 Posts
I noticed they don't have them listed anymore too. I had wondered how long they would sell them on the website. I expect that they decided that people were buying the blems and it was costing them too much as a business. Think about it, every blem sold is one less wind screen sold at full price. This is a business and if I was the owner of the business I would have stopped the sale of blems long ago. I have owned a small business and know that for most small business' the profit margins are pretty slim and it is easy to put yourself out of business. I bought a wind screen from them before for another bike and lean to buying one from them for my Burgman (have to save the money first).

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
Doug, this is true in some cases. But if you have a blemished item and do not discount it, it now takes up storage space OR you must distroy it at a total loss. By dropping the price to just above the cost to make it, its gone and you recouped a small profit. Sure you can write off some as a tax loss but I'd rather have the cash back.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That's what I was thinking. If they've been winding up with enough blems to sell them on the website as an actual category, they've probably been working on improving the process for quite some time.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Perhaps their processes have been improved and they no longer have any, or have fewer, "blems"?
This would be ideal for the business. I hope that is what is happening for Clearview. They make a high quality product.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
753 Posts
I just bought one of their XL shields last month. It is a light smoke with the Goldwing vent in it. I called them up and asked if they had anything like that in an blem and they did and I got one. Saved me about $75 I think. Anyway, the guy on the phone told me where the blem was (next to the vent) but dang if I can find it. And I sure like my new (and cheaper!) shield!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Clearview Blem!

I believe you will probably have to call them. I called Craig at Clearview an told him I had a 2012 Burgman 650X and he said he would check and call me back. He called back and said he did and we made a deal! I think I got this in 4days, never get things delv in Joplin, MO that quick! I am waiting for a free day over the holidays to put it on. It is an XL!!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I think the blem thing was a trick.
People would look at how much they saved compared to list price, and forget about the actual price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ErickDK, the blem thing was not a trick. Craig at Clearview told me straight up what the blem was and that it was hard to see unless you were at the precise angle and then the blem could be seen. Going down the road in the sun, away from the sun, you don't see it. Craig is a straight up guy! Not smoke and mirrors...

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I've never been able to see my blem and I suspect if you contact them they will provide a list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts