Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am standing on the edge , ready to jump off and buy my first aftermarket...A Clearview X-L.

What's the difficulty rating and average install time I can look forward to? Any tips on what NOT to do?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
1. Remove the 2 screws that hold the black plastic screw cover (the black piece with the Suzuki emblem that sits on the front of the windscreen).

2. Jiggle the black piece down and forward to remove it. It has plastic tabs that angle upward through the windscreen which you don't want to break off, so don't force it. This is the only part that is slightly tricky.

3. Pull off the old windscreen. (The rubber grommet flanges will pop through the holes and stay on the bike.)

4. Mount the Clearview screen using the hardware Clearview supplies (longer screws and spacers).

5. Press fit the screw cover onto the new screen.

6. Re-install the two screws that hold the cover.

Takes about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am 5' 8' tall with 29' inseam. I am ready to buy a Large Clearview. I would like to see a picture of a XL and XXL Clearview to compare.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Jay;
I'm 5"5" with a 28" inseam and just ordered a Clearview XL. I will let you know how it works out in about a week once i get it on. I figure it's going to be just about perfect.
H.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and the XL is perfect for me. This was the size Clearview calculated for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Clearview

Harold,

Clearview told me that they prefer riders to look over the windshield and not through it. I will be ordering the smoke color shield L for my silver Burgman 650. I would love to see how big the XL and XXL windshields look. They seem to overwhelm the scooter unless you are a huge person and then it blends with the rider better. That’s why we pay Clearview for their research of building windshields that are functional and do not slow the bike down with excessive drag and worse handling.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
I did not use black spacers with my xxl clearview, should i use them, got no instructions with mine :?: . Tried mine yesterday, get no wind on hands because its wide, almost touches the mirrors, was to high , i cut 5 in off top, still looking through it and over it, got to be lower yet. There is a picture of it on seatec,s back rest and luggage rack, not in picture album.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The shield is ordered! I ordered mine with the tint...so ship date is end of month. I'm 5'8" with 27 inseam...Craig @ Clearview said I could go either way. Since I'm also looking to add gel pads to the seat, we went with the XL. Very helpful

Thanks pauljo for the detailed breakdown

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lets see some pictures XXL Clearview Windshields

Lets see some pictures of XXL Clearview Windshields.

·
Registered
29 Posts
xxl to tall for me I'm 6'1"

I installed a xxl Clearview on my 650 was a little to tall for me :( so I took it off and carried it to a glass company and they removed 1 and 3/4 inches from the top. Now it's perfict :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts