Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to order a Clearview windscreen for my Executive and would appreciate someone letting me know what the clearance distance is between the windscreen and the mirror with the Clearview windscreen installed on a 650. The power windscreen moves 3 3/8 inches vertically and I am concerned that when the windscreen is lowered that it may not have enough clearance and may strike the mirrors.

Thanks Al

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting question Al, I would have assumed that the replacement screen would have been fitted in the lowered position, thus leaving a gap when it's raised. I guess it depends on your starting point.
I shall be very interested in the results of your investigations as I too would like to fit a bigger (wider) windshield.
Good luck

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting question Al, I would have assumed that the replacement screen would have been fitted in the lowered position, thus leaving a gap when it's raised.
Blackbird, thanks for the post. You are correct the windscreen on the Executive in its lowered position places it where the AN650 windscreen is placed. I don’t know how I missed that yesterday? At this point it appears that the Clearview windscreen will fit with the exception of the lower 2 mounting bolt holes.

I left a message on Clearview’s answering service and sent them an email yesterday but have not had a response. I will post once I have had a response from Clearview.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a chat with John at Clearview this morning and have ordered the Clearview windscreen minus the two lower bolt holes. There may be a delay in Clearview shipping the windscreen as they currently have no vents in stock and they are back ordered from Honda. Once I receive the windscreen and if all works well I will send Clearview the information regarding the placement of the two lower bolt holes so they can produce windscreens for the executive.

Clearview ships outside the USA so the windscreen will be available in the UK/Europe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great news Al. Let's hope it works out well between you and Clearview and I can get one before winter!
Regards
Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts