Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone no where to purchase clear front turn signals for the Burgman? Or can clear them?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Sorry it took so long to get this post. I am not sure where to buy them, but I do have an article in a magazine that shows you how to make any light clear. I will search for it. If I find it, I will let you know how to do it.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
amrice said:
Does anyone no where to purchase clear front turn signals for the Burgman? Or can clear them?
Be careful if you do change them to clear. Some states (for example Tennessee) have laws restricting the type of lights you may use. Tn code 55-9-402 states :

No vehicle operated in this state shall be equipped with any flashing red or white light or any combination of red or white lights which displays to the front of such vehicle except school buses, a passenger motor vehicle operated by a rural mail carrier of the United States postal service while performing the duties of a rural mail carrier, authorized law enforcement vehicles only when used in combination with a flashing blue light, and emergency vehicles used in firefighting, including ambulances, emergency vehicles used in firefighting which are owned or operated by the division of forestry, firefighting vehicles, rescue vehicles, privately owned vehicles of regular or volunteer firefighters certified in § 55-9-201(c), or other emergency vehicles used in firefighting owned, operated, or subsidized by the governing body of any county or municipality.
As I read it, clear front turn signals violate this code.

·
Registered
925 Posts
It should be ok as long as the turn signals have amber bulbs in them. I was pulled over in Tenn. a few months ago because I had clear lights on my Cobra. The officer inspected them and said that since I had the amber colored bulbs, it was legal. Or maybe he was just being nice to me?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
JD said:
It should be ok as long as the turn signals have amber bulbs in them. I was pulled over in Tenn. a few months ago because I had clear lights on my Cobra. The officer inspected them and said that since I had the amber colored bulbs, it was legal. Or maybe he was just being nice to me?
As I read it (not being an officer, lawyer, judge, etc), as long as the lights on the front are not red or white you should be fine. For me, I'd stick with yellow lens to avoid the possible hassle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO clearing them will give the bike a cleaner look. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts