Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has found a source for front clear turn signals.
I am wanting to install clear ones so that I can install strobes to one side of the housing to flash during the daylight hours, so that visibility is enhanced. If anyone knows of something else that might work let me know. :?: [/b]

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Be careful if you drive in some states. For example the Tennessee code states (paraphrased) that no vehicle shall operate or install flashing white lights other than motorcycles which may have a pulsing headlight during daylight hours. Other states may be as specific on the pulsing capabilities allowed on motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
There are European suppliers of clear lenses but I guess you need to exhaust local possibilities first.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Jaume

Probably the best place to try in UK would be Taffspeed Racing.

They do not have an online catalogue and their advice on their website reads:

Pricing & Our Extensive Stock Range
One thing you will not find on our site is an all-encompassing price list or catalogue. In all cases, any prices that are given on the site will need to be verified before ordering as there can be price increases and reductions as well as special offers. As all prices need confirmation it allows us to make sure that what is being ordered is compatible with the customer's machine and to verify the stock availability. We normally have everything to rebuild Vespa, Lambretta and Piaggio machines in stock.

Their website can be found at:

http://www.taffspeed.co.uk/frames.htm

If Taffspeed do not have it in stock they will know where to source and may even give you advice on nearest (or in Euro Zone) place to you that is likely to be able to supply.

They respond to emails quite quickly (or they have in the past :wink: ). I have always found them very helpful.

mailto:[email protected]

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
It was a public holiday here on Monday so give it a day or so more!

I will have a look around on the net see to see if I can turn anything else up. :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Jaume

I telephoned Taffspeed this morning and produced zero result. The guy searched the catalogues and said that he could not find them for the 400 or 650 (and I know they are deffo available for the 400!).

I ain't going to make excuses for them - but I do know one of the co-founders of the business (Terry Frankland)died suddenly, quite recently. He was a real expert and had a prodigious amount of knowledge and could recall it all! I think now the business may stuggle for a while while it recovers and adapts to this situation. I did not give him a hard time for not answering your email - no point really.

So where do we go from here?

This firm is one of the major scooter lens suppliers in Europe, my techie French is too weak to search this website (which is terrible!) in anything like a reasonable amount of time - maybe yours is better - or you could contact them direct (and at least they deal in Euros).

http://www.acsud-pro.com/cgi-bin/index.pl

Alternatively the following link is a UK supplier, they do supply clear lenses for Burgmans but do not have stock at the moment (2 weeks). I have just finished my telephone call with them, unfortunately they must have left the building open and the local village idiot wandered in and answered the telephone. I gave up after 2 minutes of listening to him slobbering into the mouthpiece. :lol: :lol: Anyway, I have emailed them to get specific and accurate info for supply of 400 and 650 clear lenses. Lets hope they did not leave the computer on and the village idiot answers!

http://www.beedspeed.com/lenses.htm
email: [email protected]
Tel: + 44 8700 660393

Hope this is helpful

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Jaume

I have not had a response to the email I sent to Beedspeed either.

What do you have to do to make these companies money - far too many are letting sales slip throught their fingers.

I want clears so I will continue my quest. There is a lot of activity on the German forums I will find the link and post it up - may be worth a shot.

Hey Ho :roll:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
NormanB said:
What do you have to do to make these companies money - far too many are letting sales slip throught their fingers.
I'm finding that Oneida Suzuki is a case in point! If you can find what you want on their website and order it online, all goes well. But try to call them? Over the past month or so, I've tried to call them 5 or 6 times to get additional information before making a purchase decision. I always get a recording stating that they are probably busy helping other customers, try again later, and oh by the way this machine does not accept messages. :shock: Pathetic. Needless to say, I've bought several items elsewhere, when I was willing to give them a shot at my business.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Jaume

That is an absolutely brilliant idea and thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts