Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good way to clean the area between the back side of the wind screen and the top of the instrument panel? I don't want to scratch anything but that area seems to like to collect dust. I'v tried using a damp chamios on a paint stir stick but not entirely satisfied with the results.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I just spray down there with soapy water without squeezing the high-pressure trigger (I use a coin-op car wash), then push a soft towel down there to dry it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
CLEANING

HELLO I use a cotton towel and a yard stick[3 foot] Put in center of towel-
hold towel and stick-clean all you want.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I finally found a way to clean that area. I use a microfiber sponge (damp) and a microfiber towel (dry) you can get from the auto parts stores. They are amazing. I use this to clean my whole bike and it is also great for my windows, too! It seems to polish glass and plastics without scratching or smearing. It takes me less time to clean my bike now and if it is just dusty, a dry microfiber towel works better that a Swiffer.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
You could always remove your windshield :idea:

We've toyed with the idea of making a "dashboard" cover to make use of the space there, maybe with a significant image or message displayed :!:

With the dash mat in place, probably held in place with upper velcro, it would be a simple matter to remove it for cleaning and then slip it back in or rotate different mats to match your mood or circumstances. e.g. When attending a national or regional rally, you could have a dash mat that displayed you state flag. On a regular basis you might have one made up that displays your BUSA avatar :!:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I like it! Nobody would ever have a problem recognizing me with my Death Dealer print on the front of my bike, everyone would point & say "Hey! There's The Wyldman!".

Either that or they would point & laugh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts