Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of summer and winter gloves.The unlined summer gloves are splaterd with bug juice and the color is faded and completely different than the palm side which grips the handlebars. The palm side is like new. Any suggestions on how to return the gloves to their original color would be greatly appreciated.

I hate to keep trying to reinvent the wheel.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
After cleaning, do NOT use black liquid
shoe polish to make them look nice again....
got a buddy that can tell you why....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I clean my gloves with saddle soap. I then use leather conditioner to make them soft and supple. Actually I don't usually bother to dye my riding gloves, the patina gives them character. If they need to be dyed, I take them to my cobbler and let him to dye them. The cobbler has a way of fixing the dye so it doesn't turn your hands black. Haven't done this dyeing of gloves in a long time. Used to do it when I was in the Marines to my black winter dress gloves. Nowadays almost everyone just goes out and buys new gloves instead of taking the time to take care of the gloves they have. I still have the gloves I was issued in 1970 in the Marines. They still look as nice as they did new.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Do not use regular soap for leather. I've been using Collonil (German) products for some time on my leathers and work pretty well.

Amazon.com: Collonil Leather Soap Spray, 200 ml: Shoes

$13.95 in Amazon.

After washing them I use the waterproof spray to keep them in good shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts