Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Cool! Welcome to the forum!

Can you tell us what the 250cc Burgman is like to ride? Maybe take some pictures?

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to be here!!

The AN250 is a pretty good scoot. Comfortable to ride and great on gas.

Year: 2001
Milage: 7129 (miles)
Quick Math: 648 miles per year, or approx. 54 miles per month!!!

I have only had it a few days now and just this week I filled it up and will
be running on some open road (highways). I will try to get an accurate MPG at the
end of this tank of gas.

Just a little background on the bike.

It sat outside in a parking lot with the sun beating down on it and the lawn sprinklers
soaking it for the past 3 years!!! I bought it used from a person that NEVER rode it (obviously)!!
Other than some hard water spots, a tear (rip) in the drivers seat backrest, and a cloudy windscreen,
the scooter is pretty solid!!

I have no problem cruising down the highway at 65+ MPH. Heavy enough not to get
blown around by other cars/wind. Light and powerful enough to pass and get out
of trouble when needed.

I have noticed a low speed transmission noise/vibration. I'm hoping that it is just
a clutch or drive belt issue. Over 20 MPH and it goes away once the clutch is fully
engaged and at speed. Or maybe it just needs to be ridden to loosen everything up again
from sitting so long!!

Other than this, I can't be more pleased with my purchase.

OH..did I mention..I got it for $350.00!!!! Not too bad of a deal!! ;-) :cheers:

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
That sounds great! You might want to look in the nooks and crannies to see if any rodents have used the bike for a hotel. ;)

There are products that will polish the windscreen without too much effort and make it look like new.

This sounds like you got a really good deal. :cheers:

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from the Heart of America-Kansas City! JC

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried a headlight restore product and it did help some on the windshield.

I know that the windsheild is only to deflect the wind as I look over top of it anyway.

But, I want to replace for "looks" more than anything. I wll give her a bath this
weekend and try to get some pics.

OH..BTW...69 MPG on the last tank mostly highway riding.

I did put some gas treatment in to try and help clean out the injector/fuel line a bit.

Going to change out the plug/filters/oil soon.

Just trying to locate parts for the 250 is a bit challenging. (400/650 easy to find).

Wondering if many of the 400 parts would work on the 250?? I ordered a Haynes manual
so probably going to hold off until I have it in hand. Then the teardown/rebuild over the
rainy winter months!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts