Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the edging/trim to put around the 400? I would like to have chrome around the sides and rear lights..Thanks Diana

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The Fehling website doesn't really show much in the way of product pictures for the Burgmans. But Jim and Mary were doing a brisk business in selling and installing Fehling trim at Scootercade. It was a pretty popular item. I saw a couple of scooters get completely decked out, and other folks went for just the side rails or whatever pieces they preferred. There definitely are very complete trim packages available for both the Suzuki and Honda scooters.

As for me, I don't want more stuff to wash & polish on my scoot. But a lot of folks do get pretty excited about dressing up their scooters.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I love the Fehling rails. I may have even ridden from NJ to Scootercade if I'd known I could get the full set installed there. Still waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looking good,

Thank you for all the info, I love the look and it might help if it ever tipped over , mine did tip over last fall in my drivway ( from a real heavy wind) $500.00 worth of damage, i was thinking I might have gotten away with minimal if I had that trim on it, just thinking :) Diana

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: looking good,

TWEETYPI58 said:
Thank you for all the info, I love the look and it might help if it ever tipped over , mine did tip over last fall in my drivway ( from a real heavy wind) $500.00 worth of damage, i was thinking I might have gotten away with minimal if I had that trim on it, just thinking :) Diana
I don't know. That was one reason that a couple folks I talked to had the trim installed. They felt it would protect body panels in a low speed tip-over. It doesn't stick out very far though - and the trim itself is expensive. Under certain circumstances, it might prevent or limit damage I suppose.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Re: looking good,

TWEETYPI58 said:
i was thinking I might have gotten away with minimal if I had that trim on it
Sounds like a good excuse .... urrmm .... reason to get the the chrome trim. :wink:

·
Registered
728 Posts
where the hell on that site can you find the chrome trim?
I'd like to order some, but I can't find it anyplace

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
thanks bill, but I'll still be damned to find the chrome trim. I've looked all over there site.
My feeling is..if I have to work that hard to find what they are selling..then they don't want to sell there stuff that badly. I don't have patients for web site that poorly design there pages. Like in comptuer programming, they need to idiot proof there sites. have others that are new to it check it out, see how easily they can find things. Let the newbie test it out..that way you find out just how good of a job you really did.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Bill,
I think I understand now, what they sell is chrome rails, right? I was looking for chrome trim, to go along the edges of the body, and windshield.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
wilder days said:
Bill,
I think I understand now, what they sell is chrome rails, right?
Correct.

wilder days said:
Bill,
I was looking for chrome trim, to go along the edges of the body, and windshield.
Ahhh.... now it makes sense why you were having trouble locating the pages.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts