Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we are a small chopper shop in NJ and recently started distributing new parts from spain. While looking thru the catalog of new parts i came across some chrome fairing gaurds for the burgman and was wondering if it was a marketable item. If anyone is interested in pictures please let me know.
-Steve

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Steve,

There is a somewhat popular line called "Fehling Rails". There are a couple of US vendors that have them. So if it is the Fehling product, then you would already be facing competition. If these are something different, let's have a look. You could set up an alblum in our gallery with the pics.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I am not interested in the chrome fairing guards, but would be interested in a set of fairing leg air deflectors that are available in Spain for the Burgman 400.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Crash Guards

I would be interested in any chrome rails or crash guards to protect Burgman. Any websites?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the website. That's strange how they call the side the "Front." I assume that $160 will get you rails for both sides since I don't see left and right sides listed. Looks like it'll work for me, maybe next month I'll get it. After I fix the scratches that are already on sides...

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Personally - I'd like to pick up a plastic life sized (5') Italian lady that would strap to the passenger's seat side saddle style - maybe a co-joined bambino too. Maybe some fake weather-proof Italian bread could be strapped to the grab rails or stuck into the plastic womans arms?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honestly I really like these chrome rails on the side of the scooter (called "protection guard - front" at TWTouring, however in my eyes USD 195 + freight is way to expensive. Last year I installed these rails on my SilverWing and paid ca USD 150. (and I thought that even this is a lot of money for two pieces of tube...)

Is there any website offering these rails at more reasonable cost?

Raul

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Re:

Pete said:
Personally - I'd like to pick up a plastic life sized (5') Italian lady that would strap to the passenger's seat side saddle style...
I think we waste too much of our precious natural resources on ecologically damaging plastics. I want a real Italian babe on the back of my scooter. :D
And considering how fragile the plastic is on these scooters, I think that's not a bad price, compared to the price of a single tip-over. With bending, fitting, welding and chrome plating, these probably aren't very cheap to make.
How hard is it to remove for maintenance? Does it take much to pull it off again?

8) Claude

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Re:

Tokkyu40 said:
(...)
And considering how fragile the plastic is on these scooters, I think that's not a bad price, compared to the price of a single tip-over. With bending, fitting, welding and chrome plating, these probably aren't very cheap to make.
How hard is it to remove for maintenance? Does it take much to pull it off again?

8) Claude
As I mentioned I have installed these fairing guards on my SilverWing last year. Originally I thought these rails are just an optical upgrade, which will not offer much protection in case of a tipover. However I found out that these rails really protect the plastic. Someone tipped over my SilverWing and the plastic on the side remained virtually undamaged, thanks to the chrome rails.
I have attached them in 5 minutes each. They can be disassemled very easy, it takes 3 bolts on each side to remove the rails.

So I really recommend the installation of these rails, I just do not want to spend +200 USD on them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
These chrome guards do look good(being a harley owner as well,bling does appeal to me :) ),two of my friends here in the uk have them on their 650 Burgmans,but having just looked at the fehlings web site and checking the Euro against the good old english pound,it makes for a dear accessory.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Nevermind the Euro and the Pound, buy them from the US with your Pounds :drunken:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Waldo said:
Nevermind the Euro and the Pound, buy them from the US with your Pounds :drunken:
No...oooooo

Don't encourage him. He's bad enough when out on his Harley. A one hour ride normally results in a five hour polishing session. Doesn't it Steve? :lol:

JJ

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Don't worry wiping down one of those bars is quite easy :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
JJ said:
Waldo said:
No...oooooo

Don't encourage him. He's bad enough when out on his Harley. A one hour ride normally results in a five hour polishing session. Doesn't it Steve? :lol:

JJ
Aha......Hello JJ,

Yes i do like the Harley to sparkle,just off to collect the Burgman from Duncans workshop.I am thinking about the chrome rails,getting them from the states is a good idea,the end of this month see's a bonus payment in my wages,so unless i can find an excuse to spend the money on something sensible for the home,it could well be the chrome guards.

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts