Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen several comments on the clutch chirping.i have an suzuki 04 burgie i have replaced the roller weights with recomend slider weights.new belt i didnt replace the clutch shoes because they looked pretty good,put it all back together and it's still chirping.NOW.i have been told this is a commen accourence with the 04 and some others.my question is .do i live with it,is there a real fix to either stop it or slow it down or jes deal with it.ive read other post and really havn't seen a fix yet if there is someone out there that has a fix plzzz let me know plzzzzz if it's something that cannot be fixed then by all means i'll just get over it thank you have a blessed day :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
As far as I know, squealing or chirping is a problem with the clutch on the 07+ 400 but not the pre 07 models. The clutch on my 06 400 does not do it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
The stock clutch on my '03 would get a bit grabby every now and then, often in particularly humid weather (which get a lot of down here), and I found as have others on this forum that "abusing" it a little by clamping up the front brake, revving the engine and letting the clutch heat up a bit would take care of the issue for a while.

The final fix was to install an Adige SU-84 clutch, which I have now run for over 4500 miles with no grabbing, squeals, chirps or other problems of any sort--highly recommended...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ty cliff .more than likely i'll end up replacing the clutch 27k miles on what looks to be the original 1 is probably a good thing to do since ive changed the belt and weights i more than likely should have did the clutch to but there is always tomorrow just getting the right 1 for my 04 400

·
Registered
319 Posts
Don't forget to service that idler bearing!!! Simple job, and will save you the hassle of tearing it apart again to do it.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Bill Seward said:
Don't forget to service that idler bearing!!! Simple job, and will save you the hassle of tearing it apart again to do it.
+1 My thought too...Has is been replaced? If not it is way over due!
A broken bearing cage will chirp forever until replaced.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay soon to change the clutch out where is this idle bearing can you show a blown up pic of it make sure im looking at the right thing i appreciate all the help

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess it would be a good idea to change 15,16,17 & 22 along with 11 is this something i can do since i've done everything else or is it a serious task i should be looking for a pro looks easy enough

·
Premium Member
14,235 Posts
You don't need to change the others unless you just want too. Usually just that one bearing goes bad. If you have ever change a wheel bearing or any bearing like that then you should not have any problem with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[attachment=1:2g5ywm5z]582462_425736597513701_2007553949_n.jpg[/attachment:2g5ywm5z][attachment=1:2g5ywm5z]582462_425736597513701_2007553949_n.jpg[/attachment:2g5ywm5z]i assume this is the idle bearing it was located on the bottem of the clutch housing.it's looks pretty good but might replace it anyways

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Adige SU-84 clutch was not available was on back order so i went with the only 1 i could find Adige/Adler Spa Scooter Centrifugal Clutch SU-84 which i assume is the same 1

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Badgator said:
The Adige SU-84 clutch was not available was on back order so i went with the only 1 i could find Adige/Adler Spa Scooter Centrifugal Clutch SU-84 which i assume is the same 1
Yes, it is--Adige is the aftermarket product division of Adler Spa. Spa is the abbreviation for Società per azioni, meaning "joint stock company" in English...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts