Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an older (like me) acquaintance with no previous riding skills looking for a scooter. I would like to see him start on something small, cheap, preferably used, maybe a Helix, Reflex, Kymco 250, for awhile to get used to riding. I see the ads in Cycle trader for the Helix look-alike made in China, delivered to your door for $3500.

Has anyone owned one, or have any detailed info about the quality?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Ted - the Chinese look remarkably good value - I would be concerned about support and parts if anything should go wrong. My money would be on a pre-loved established. Particularly so as he will probably want to sell in 6 months or so for a Svelte!!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Norm, I agree; but just want to give him the choice of avail options. Have since located a 2001 Helix with 14500 miles in nice shape and seemingly well maintained for $2000. But it black, and he don't like black! :roll: :roll: There is a Honda/Kymco dealer fairly close that has a Kymco 250 that might work for him also and would likely be better supported should it need anything.

Hope you're feeling better...reading your various comments it would appear that at least, mentally, you're back up to speed.

Cheers my friend.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
ted clement said:
snip.

Hope you're feeling better...reading your various comments it would appear that at least, mentally, you're back up to speed.

Cheers my friend.
Thanks Ted - getting better every day - mentally, many think I was always a bit retarded in that area!! :wink:
Ta m8!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts