Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am either blind or just not very nimble, but I cannot see how much pad I have left on my rear brakes, or the front as it happens

At some point after ledudes Burgman they moved the rear caliper and now it's the other sideofthe disc, near he engine

So how do you all check where you are.

Reason I asks im about to get the local dealer to change the rear tire and thought I might ask him to do the pads whilst he has the wheel off but wanted to know where I was.

One thought I had was to get one of those inspection cameras but that's a lot of money to check one thing

Btw I have 7500 miles but as this was new to me and I worry I over used the rear brake as someone getting used to slow speeds with the " beast" and it's lower than many would expect

Anyway I know someone out there has solved this or can put my mind at rest thanks in advance
Jeff

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
If all else fails, you can just remove the 2 bolts that hold the caliper on and slip it off so you can inspect the pads.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
check at the base of the caliper as it sits on the rotor, there are wear indicators / markers on either side of the rotor

or you can just take the caliper off and drop the pads for inspection and cleaning.

check out this DIY for some inspiration/help: DIY - Rear Brake Pads Maintenace

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I was trying to not remove the caliper but with it now s o close to the swing arm and behind the exhaust I guess i have no choice, the abs ring also makes that removal a little harder . Seems like a simple task has become just that little bit harder

I may just leave it as I mentioned to the tire change when it all has to come off anyway.

Appreciate he Input anyway

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Gbjbany said:
I may just leave it as I mentioned to the tire change when it all has to come off anyway.
Have an angled (towards the left side) tyre valve fitted while the tyre is off, and do the same to the front wheel when its time comes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts