Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,412 Posts
Another early clue that your engine needs oil is a low oil level warning with the bike on the side stand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Andre

Hi all,
when checking the oil level on the burgman an650, its too bad
they plaved it so low. And i find it hard to see. Must be these tired old eyes. Just a thought!
I have heath issues that prevent me from bending, The solution I recommend is using and iPhone My kid use and extender arm to take pictures they set the timer to take selfies, now you could do the same to take a picture of your
oil level with no effort.
Cheers Andre

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lay on your stomach and smell the man-cave odors, grunt, beat chest, and check oil. Then go have a beer from the fridge.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
If you wait until the oil level warning light comes on your oil level will be well below the bottom of the site glass. I consider it to be a warning indicator to tell me something has happened while riding that is causing the oil level to drop not a routine method of keeping track of the oil level. For routine oil level checking I will rely on the site glass.
Do what you want but that is flat out wrong information.
The oil level warning will come on cold then go off when warmed up when it's down just a bit and it's time to top up 1/4 of a quart.

If it stays on - then it's down 1/2 quart and you would have been warned before by it going on and off at warm up or on a hill.

At no point is that a risk to the engine unless you ignore it.

When it comes on at all ...just make it a habit of topping up.
Suzuki put it there for good reason.

You need the sight glass for an oil change.
..it's useful topping up
..you do not need to check the **** sight glass every time you ride.

It's too easy for the glass to mislead by the bike not being warmed up or not level.
The sensor is accurate.....

The 650s tend to use oil on sustained higher speed runs. That's when the sensor is most likely to start to show it down on startup - then it goes away. Top up when convenient.

A knee replacement is hellishly more expensive than the bike.

BTW - OP....Thor knee guards are comfortable, inexpensive and when you just have to kneel...way more comfortable.

They weigh nothing, quick to put on and off and invisible under most pants, and stay on the joint

I wear mine all the time

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
In reference to the link osbornk posted, $3.74 with free shipping. Heck if you didn't like it you wouldn't be out much.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are some of us who have knee replacements, so getting on my knees is impossible. I bought a 'Selfie Stick' for my iPhone and it worked good on my Burgman 400, but it doesn't work well for the Burgman 650.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts