Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
before you mount your tires make sure your chuck will go on the stem, the clearance between the stem and rim may be close without that extra "lift" the curvy girl gives :devilish: For the life of me I can't think why they call it curvy girl

Reactions: BurgDanno

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
11.3 and 8.3mm:

Hopefully not to beat a dead horse, but those looking for yet more confirmation regarding the two standard motorcycle rim-hole diameter sizes (let's ignore trucks and suchlike), here is FOBO's guide to installing their T-valves (which I have on my '08 Burgman Exec). This is a seven-page, 700KB PDF download,

In this case, the diameter of the valve to be screwed into a rim is small enough that it will fit into either hole size. They discuss which spacer/washer gizmo is needed, or not, for each rim-hole size. For most valves, however, like the ones from Kurvey Girl et al., you buy either the bigger size for the bigger hole, or the smaller size for the smaller hole. Go ahead, check out this short document:

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Burgman 400
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can you manage to get this sort of thing on?

(I searched Amazon for Schrader valve extension, which results in a lot of similar products. I prefer the screw-on kind, vs. the clip-on kind; the latter takes more room, and is not as reliable, IMO.)

If so, you can check and add air that way. When I had a couple of baggers -- particularly my Victory Cross Country Tour, with its massive hard saddlebags -- I kept a 10" version of that sort of device in one saddlebag, expressly for checking the rear tire (because the saddlebag in the way made getting anything but a hand in there very difficult).

If you can't even get an extension like that on, I would have the tire remounted, with a proper sideways valve, or you're SOL. See this thread:

Yes, the valve stem extensions are invaluable, couldn't check rear tire on my Helix w/o one...

41 - 46 of 46 Posts