Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Open up the big glove box, and inside, up in the centre of the roof is one of those pesky plastic clips.
On mine it's different to all the other similar clips that are all over the bodywork, in that instead of having a centre push button, it has a cross head screw. If you turn it 1/4 of a turn, you can then lever it out, but it's fiddly.
Then pull the small central panel above the glove box (under the handlebars) back towards you, it has two internal friction clips but they just pop out.
The radiator pressure cap, and the plastic header bottle cap are right there. The daft thing is, my rider's manual says check this before each ride!!! I'm sure they're just covering themselves.
I don't think it really needs the first little clip as the two internal ones are quite strong.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mupp said:
Open up the big glove box, and inside, up in the centre of the roof is one of those pesky plastic clips.
On mine it's different to all the other similar clips that are all over the bodywork, in that instead of having a centre push button, it has a cross head screw. If you turn it 1/4 of a turn, you can then lever it out, but it's fiddly.
Then pull the small central panel above the glove box (under the handlebars) back towards you, it has two internal friction clips but they just pop out.
The radiator pressure cap, and the plastic header bottle cap are right there. The daft thing is, my rider's manual says check this before each ride!!! I'm sure they're just covering themselves.
I don't think it really needs the first little clip as the two internal ones are quite strong.
Thank you!

I checked with my mechanic and he agrees that checking it before each ride is overkill. He said once a month is adequate.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
I've had at least ten water cooled bikes. I only have the coolant level checked at major service intervals. I sometimes have had the anti-freeze status checked just before Winter too. Every couple of years (probably 3 max) I'll have the coolant changed - I think that is important to prevent corrosion in the cooling system. I just don't spend a lot of time worrying about this. I treat my cars the same way...

If you develop a leak it should be very apparent - anti-freeze on the pavement where you park.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was reviewing some info regarding checking coolant levels. You mention opent the large glove box? I thought the coolant level was in the lid covering the fuel cap.

Also the cap right above the coolant level check..........isn't that where you pour in the mixture of coolant and distilled water to bring to level?

Just exactly what are you talking about thats in the large glove box?

·
Banned
1,965 Posts
Ino said:
I was reviewing some info regarding checking coolant levels. You mention opent the large glove box? I thought the coolant level was in the lid covering the fuel cap.

Also the cap right above the coolant level check..........isn't that where you pour in the mixture of coolant and distilled water to bring to level?

Just exactly what are you talking about thats in the large glove box?
BobG has a K3.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My bad. Wasn't paying complete attention. :oops: Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm stumped. My 2003 AN400 is making me feel really foolish. Inside the glove box I had no trouble removing the clip but I find no handhold to grip securely and pull the interior out. Anyone have a picture of this once removed? Hard to believe I thought the Goldwing could be hard to work on. Seems the owner manual is clear as mud, guess I'll be looking for a repair manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Given enough time and feeling like a complete idiot it is finally figured out.
The only thing you open the glove box for is to remove the clip in the top of the box. Once that's done you grab the piece surrounding the the ignition key slot and pull it back. I was under the impression it was one side or other of the glove box under handlebars when it really isn't inside the the glove box at all.
Anyway coolant is checked and full, gas tank is full, oil is checked and it's getting North Dakota hot so it's time for a ride.
Thanks to anyone that may have sympathized with my plight.
By the way: North Dakota has beautiful summers: both days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts