Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Hey Ya'll couple of things here.. Bounce Sheets.. remember those? Fabric Softener sheets (doesn't have to be bounce) Works like a dream on cleaning the windshield.. mind you if the windshield is very dirty I would wet it first..!!!! so you don't scratch it.. but otherwise.. try this stuff

Also works on cars.. (and on the paint..) to get rid of the lovebugs.. those of you with new cars... who told the dealership.. you want to charge me WHAT to SIMONIZ the car for LOVEBUGS?
RELAX just clean it after your ride with Bounce or in a pince.. Liquid Softener.. Wash and dry (don't do this in the sun) and SMILE!!!! :D

NOTE: PESTERED BY SKEETERS? USE BOUNCE ON YOUR BODY!!!!! TRY IT.. and SMILE :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sounds like Bounce sheets are the new Avon Skin So Soft. :wink:

Thanks for the cool tips!

Bryna

·
Registered
409 Posts
i've used slipstreamer windshield cleaner/polish on various bikes for at least five years. Works great. Easy to remove bugs as well.

DO NOT use rain x. It is for glass not plastic. Will destroy your screen

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not the dreaded love bugs? :lol: Some may not know what they are but having went to college at Valdosta State in South Georgia I know all about the love bugs!!!! They are a pain in the a$$.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well they are this type bug that best I remember comes out about one time a year for a period of time and all they do is fly through the air having sex. Or at least I guess that is what they are doing :wink: They fly stuck together as a couple. They are every where and make a mess out of your car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Allen re Lovebus

Type in Lovebugs.. and follow the threads.. these things PIT the paint on your car... nasty little buggers!

As to RAIN-X whoever posted that is absolutely right... and while we are at it.. don't use WINDEX or derivatives.. either.. over time.. it will ruin the clarity of the window! Reason I know that.. I had to have clear glass replaced with Plexitype glass.. was told that piece of info..

·
Registered
58 Posts
RainX

Has anyone tried Rainx on the windshield? I used it on my car windshield
before we went on a trip. We ran into a heavy rain on the turnpike and
amazingly enough I didn't have to turn on the wipers. It beeded up and
rolled of the windshield as fast as it hit.

I don't know if useing it on plastic is a problem. I'll check tomorrow at the store and read the label...unless someone already knows.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Re: RainX

monty said:
Has anyone tried Rainx on the windshield? I used it on my car windshield
snip
I don't know if useing it on plastic is a problem. I'll check tomorrow at the store and read the label...unless someone already knows.
On plastic RainX is a NO NO!

Reactions: yak63

·
Super Moderator
18,084 Posts
OOPS, I have been using it, I applied it about 2 weeks ago to reduce waterspotting in the inside of the shield. Any thoughts as to removing it, or just leave it and see what happens?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I've heard all kinds of guys use Rain X on their bikes, but on this site everyone instantly says no way.
I'd like to know the 100% truth on this.
Anyway, I trust the guys on this site, so I don't use it. Besides, I'd bet all that water would just bead up and get you soaked when it rolled off the windscreen.

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
The old Rain-X is a liquid polymer and when the fluid part evaporates it leaves that thin slick plastic film behind. It is slck enough that water can not grab a bond and it beads up and blows off. But it is made for a surface that is hard and has small pours. Silica sand heated and smoothed out is a hard and has very fine pours.

Plastic windshields are softer and have a larger pour surface and the Rain-X can bond deeper. This can cause micro fractures and blurriness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
^^ Dave is 100% correct.
Reading the label on the original RAINX is for Glass, Not for plastic.

Other Uses for Rain‑X® Original Glass Water Repellent:
Try Rain‑X® Original Glass Water Repellent on your glass shower door and home glass windows for more water beading magic!
Avoid using Rain‑X® Original Glass Water Repellent on plastic shower doors, glass shower doors with etching or frosting, plexiglass and fiber glass
Avoid using Rain‑X® Original Glass Water Repellent on any plastic surfaces, including motorcycle windshields, ATVs and solar panels
For plastic surface applications, try our new Rain‑X® Plastic Water Repellent!

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
way off track here, lovebugs ! they can be thick enough to clog radiators and completely obscure vision, when they dry, they change ph and are hard enough to scratch plastic if not softened before removal, they are full of eggs which make a slick stinking film which must be removed, not mixed with some other stuff.nothing yet will stop them from sticking to surfaces on impact, and swift removal is essential to prevent acid etching of surfaces.

Reactions: the_hitcher

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have been using Sprayway glass cleaner for years, spray it all over the windshield and the front of the Burg, wait a few minutes to let things soak, clean with soft cloth. It's very cheap, only a couple of dollars a can and it will not hurt the plastic windshield.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts