Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Chatterbox electronics work with any radio? I have a pair of Midland hand held portables that I use with our riding group. It works but not very well. I have just purchased an HJC modular helmet that is set-up for Chatterbox.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Not sure what you mean by work with any radio. Are you asking if the mike and headset in the radio will work with your existing radios?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If you are talking about the HJC IS-Max BT, then the answer is NO. I own two of them and had the communicator unit.

View attachment 33209

It uses a version of the Chatter box Bluetooth communicator. It's an okay unit, but only works with other Chatterbox Bluetooth communicators. It's fine for a rider-passenger situation, or a friend riding in close proximity (1k feet), but it is definitively NOT CB radio compatable.

Chatterbox makes some CB radio compatable units, but they are much larger and not specifically designed for the HJC.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chatterbox

If you are talking about the HJC IS-Max BT, then the answer is NO. I own two of them and had the communicator unit.

View attachment 33209

It uses a version of the Chatter box Bluetooth communicator. It's an okay unit, but only works with other Chatterbox Bluetooth communicators. It's fine for a rider-passenger situation, or a friend riding in close proximity (1k feet), but it is definitively NOT CB radio compatable.

Chatterbox makes some CB radio compatable units, but they are much larger and not specifically designed for the HJC.
Thanks guys. You have answered my question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts