Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
2007 Burgman 400 with 16K miles. Just had local scooter shop replaced Belt, sliders, clutch and bell. All OEM except for Dr Pulley 20g sliders. Overall lower RPM when cruising ( 1,500 RPM less at 85 MPH ) better MPG.
Only one problem scooter chatter when start rolling slowly, it won't do that if I twist the throttle fast.
Any idea ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
That sounds common if not normal. A lot of people complain about chattering whenever they takeoff slow. I always start with a fast throttle and then adjust to the speed I want to go, and I never have a chattering program.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm not sure how the sliders factor into the equation, but most I've read agree it is best to start with a fast throttle to get the clutch engaged quickly. Otherwise you could cause undo heat and glaze the clutch pads.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
If it's a new clutch it shouldn't chatter as you move off. It should be smooth as silk whatever the revs. It may be some small amount of contaminant is on the clutch pads from the rebuild and may wear off or the clutch may have an issue of another kind. But as is being said, move off fast without too much clutch slip and it should be fine. I would tell you dealer about the clutch chatter if it persists for more than a few days.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
As other have said don't start out easy on a 400. When I had mine I took the rpm's to 5k & then adjusted it from there to my desired speed.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
My experience is like Quantum's -- no shudder with a freshly serviced clutch at any rpm. It can go as slow as walking speed, i even can balance the bike almost steady < 1 mph for a long time at intersections and similar situations.

The next clutch service time depends rather on highway and hill mileage than slow starts in city traffic. At least with me.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just blew out a ton of dust form the whole area. Mine is WAY smoother now. I have 13,000 miles on mine
It does help to throttle up a bit on take offs, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts