Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what ho,
the underside of my 2000 an400x has suffered very badly from all year round use. first of all the centre stand mountings rusted away, so i used the side stand.
now the rail with the stand mounting has rusted so that the stand no longer takes any weight!
and my question? i have been offered a very good replacement frame but it is a 250, can i rebuild the 250 using my running parts? has anyone done similar? or has anyone an early bare frame they are selling (in the uk!)?
cheers, graham

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
The 250 frame should be very and very close, maybe check the part fiche for the codes. If you get a new frame i guess it's better to do preventative rust proof coating.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Now that would never have happened with any British-made motorcycle, with their built-in continuous rust proofing. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very true!

You are right I've never had a BSA frame rust, but many, many other parts... mudguards, seat bases, most of the chrome bits.......... I could go on, but my current BSA's are far too mollycoddled and don't go out in the snow and rain.. Thats why I need a new frame for the Burgie!! Which I'll have powder coated before fitting!
Happy St George's Day.
Graham

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
first of all the centre stand mountings rusted away,
Dang! What do they use hydrocloric acid to get rid of the snow there? :dontknow:

I ride year around too but the winters here are very mild and they don't use any salt when it does snow. If I lived in an area where salt was used i would wash the underside of my ride as often as I could to keep that stuff from rusting the frame away.

Good luck getting your frame sorted out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts