Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone ; 2008 Suzuki Burgman 650, after few drains of battery over the winter i end up replacing it with a new one, last me 2 weeks without a problem in the morning start up, but for the past few days is low on voltage in the morning again, but this is where it gets difficult.

I jump start it and i noticed with a Volt meter that at idle shows 14V but at hi RPM the Voltage started to drop, as soon as i let it go to idle it goes back up to normal 13 to 14V,,,

at first i thought it was the new battery but even with the booster Pack connected it does the same thing, any advice before i start to take things apart will be Appreciated.,

·
Administrator
18,190 Posts
Max, welcome to the forums.

We have a knowledge base where we are trying to collect all information.

Read through this post below for testing.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sorry Guys , I forgot to put some info about my Case 😁 , is a 2008 Suzuki Burgman 650 With 10k in it.,

Is a Portable multimeter.
In that case follow the advice from Dave J. Maybe a diode on the way out in the rectifier or a phase on the generator or just a poor connection due to corrosion.

·
Administrator
18,190 Posts
Before you start pulling parts off, try this.
1. Remove the battery.
2. Remove the battery box.
3. Inspect the 3 connectors under the battery box for corrosion. See pictures.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Reactions: maxnitro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi again ; Charging PROBLEM RESOLVED 😁 , i check the wiring like David_D said and everything was ok, so I started with basic first (with Voltmeter -On- )
1- Jump Start the scooter with booster Pack
2- disconnect the battery and Scooter stays running with 14.50 volt readout, Not a problem
3- connect back the battery and the voltage drops again.
4- put the battery on the bench to fully charge, and as soon as the Charger stops charging the voltage drops back to 10. Volts again.
5- got myself a new Batt. From AUTO Zone, and Readout is 12.30V on -Off- position and 14.50V @ idle, and [email protected] hi RPM 👍,
*The Massage is that, even though the charging System is Working properly, a Bad Battery can throw a Curve.,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts