Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much can you change the height of a clearview windshield by shiming. 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch? I have an Exec with the adjustable windshield. I would like it to be an inch or so taller. Where do you insert the shims and what kind do you recommend.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Someone just posted on this subject within the last couple days. I believe they said to use plastic washers and to raze the windshield by adding washers to the top screws and just loosen the bottom screws. Then tighten all screws to specifications. Someone will probably chime in and correct me if I am wrong. I can't tell you how high you can get it to go. You may be able to look thru the last few days of posts and find the post I am referring to. :D

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
model28a said:
Someone just posted on this subject within the last couple days.

I found the post.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
:thumbup: Hope it helped. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Don't be surprised if you have problems after raising the height. When you do that you are taking a windshield that was designed for a certain "rake" (or sweepback) and standing it up more to the wind. The added stress may very well cause a failure. I have (or say, had) a Clearview XXL on my 650. It cracked. Badly. Because of the design, the tall shield wasn't able to withstand the stress. So just be very careful and aware that then you change the aerodynamics of the 'shield you change the stresses. Even by a small amount. Standing the shield up into the wind will cause more stress on the lower mounting bolts (as the windshield will use top mounting bolts as a 'pivot', the wind pressure will be higher on the top half of the shield, which won't be offset by wind pressure on lower portion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts