Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a new 2013 Burgman 650 and am wondering if anyone who has upgraded to a 2013 notice that between 30-40mph, there is a vibration.. dealer thought it is part of the eco mode, or stiff motor mounts... since they have a new transmission...

Thanks for any help..
Rick

·
Registered
175 Posts
My 2013 has a vibration at that speed as well when the RPMs of the engine is really low, 2600 or so. I don't think it is anything to worry about.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah, mine has a bit of a vibe from low rpm's. I've been using the manual mode to drop down a gear just to avoid lugging the engine until after break-in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok.. thanks for the insight.. I did a border run in MN with 3 other fellow MINN-MAXERS and put on about 1250.. what a way to break it in.. but it is different ..(I have had a 08 and 11 ) a lot easier to move around the garage and comin to a stop..

Rick

·
Registered
735 Posts
I can make my 2004 vibrate by selecting manual mode and short-shifting it, well as much as the CVT controller will allow. Below 2600RPM or so in "high gear," it can really shake your buns if you call for torque but as soon as it passes 2800RPM it's as smooth as silk. Maybe the new CVT programming keeps the revs lower for better fuel economy and you feel a little more engine vibration than we do in our older 650s.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I haven't done my throttle body sync yet (CA model). I could swear I'm running slightly rougher than new, now at 3K miles, and I attribute my roughness to that until proven otherwise.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Another reason I will keep my 2009. The engine on it is as smooth as butter especially compared to my v-twin V-Strom.

Doug from Kentucky

1 - 10 of 10 Posts