Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a hard job, just time consuming.

-Harbor Freight has the allen sockets I needed
-Didn't put the bike on a lift or blocks. Just use a floor jack under the transmission and pump it until the rear tire touch down.
-Removed, calipers first and the 2 outsides bolt of the fender. Lower the front wheel until barely touch the floor. Remove the front axle.
-Raise again the front wheel until the rear wheel touch the floor. Remove the front wheel.
-I use a quick-grip clamp and a leg of a work bench to remove/ install the cap
- No problem either to replace everything. I pushed back the calipers pistons before to reinstall them.
- The only difficulty was to keep my beer cold when the temperature was 105*F outside.

Few weeks ago my bike started to behave funny, less stable, and dived more than usual when pressure was apply on the front suspension. When I removed the oil, one side the color was purple, the other was black. Presently the bike is back to it's normal behavior.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It really doesn't matter whether or not the suspension settings are equal on each side of the bike.

Many bikes use single sided (monoshock) suspension whilst others have different suspension setups in each fork leg. Overall, the final suspension set is simply the average of each fork leg.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts