Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i changed those hard to reach spark plugs[you need small hands]. next time i will probably remove front fender and wheel to make the job much easier.i also changed gear oil [very easy],and the tranny oil[getting easier to remove the lower panel now i have done it 3 times].I would have hated to see what a shop would charge me to do the job[$56 a hour]and they know less than I as far as working on the burgman.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Randy:

The 'lower panel' comes off with push plugs? Any screws? Any tricks (there must be some, as in getting the air cleaner out)?

Final drive looks straightforward. You remove the bolts holding the black plastic drive train cover, and there are the fill and drain plugs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to remve rad cover was two scews[near bottom corners] and 2 pull to release fasteners[near top corners] note bottom fits into body panel so lift up and around fender.when replaceing you will have to slide bottom of cover into slots[ in body panels] .i removed both lower body panels when i changed my spark plugs.They require screw driver [star],socket wrench,finger nails to pull up black fasteners once you push centers in just enough to release them. if you push though all the way make sure you you find them the wont fall very far.If you lose the center lots of luck replacements not always in stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Randy,

When you got to the spark plugs, does the black spark plug cap pull straight up-and-off, or did you have to twist them off or something?

I tried both, but couldn't get too far with it and didn't want to do something I'd regret later on.

Tony

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi tony if i recall correctly i pulled them[spark plug covers] straight out but when i replaced them i gave them a slight turn to make sure they were seated all the way in. they have a very long insulator cover so i pushed them in all the way, then pulled slightly back [to see if i could feel it seating on the spark plug]It came off too easy so i knew it was not propery seated so i pushed back in firmly and when i tried to pull of second time i could feel it had seated properly.I used spark plug wrench that came with the tool kit under the seat[regular socket wrenches are too long] or remove front fender and wheel if you have large hands because radiator will not swing out far enough [I had sore knuckles because the rad seemed to want to close while i was workin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts