Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, there are 229 of you who have joined and have yet to post. Please at least post to "Who are You and Where are You From". We are a great bunch of folks here and don't bite...well almost NEVER!

Stop by and say hello!

Oh, yes...welcome to BurgmanUSA!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Run you over?

I doubt there are many cars that could CATCH you on a Burgie, much less run you over!! LOL

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Run me over?

Well, I am hoping that is true. Unfortunately we have lots of both young and very old drivers in Orlando that don't pay attention...then there are the Hummers...but that is another story!

I already have a good full face and am planning on getting a set of riding clothes as well, just in case! I am itching to get on the road but I've waited 2 years for my Burgie so another month or two won't hurt. By the way, I love your avatar!

Dee

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Run me over?

ScubaGirl said:
Unfortunately we have lots of both young and very old drivers in Orlando that don't pay attention... Dee
Dee, your highway-marker coloring reminds me, my wife once received a serious, actual-factual traffic citation (a payable ticket) for the sin of "disobeying the cones." Sounds like from the cop's point of view, at least, those little orange plastic thingies speak with authority in California.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
ScubaGirl
Unfortunately we have lots of both young and very old drivers in Orlando that don't pay attention...then there are the Hummers...but that is another story!
There is nothing wrong with older drivers that taking away there medication would not cure .
There is nothing wrong with younger drivers that adding some medication would not cure .
The trouble is , the "right" driving age is so darn short. :(

And the Hummers................. That's another WORLD :!:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been the right driving age all me life.... :lol: :wink: 8)

BTW Whats a Hummer ? Possibly unwashed person or socks ? :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Charlypuss said:
BTW Whats a Hummer ?
Depend on how the word is used. :twisted: But in this case it's a military vehicle that for some unknown reason, has become the sport utility vehicle of people with money to burn. See :

http://www.hummer.com/

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks, Bill. Even though we're Burgman usa, I find myself counting the flags on the home page from time to time. It reminds me just how international and multicultural our members are. I imagine H2 Hummers are scarce in Spain. One must be really rich to afford the gas for a 6.0 litre engine, with all wheel drive, and big fat tires, and a heavy body. Even here in the states. Such a waste.
I happen to work within miles of the St. Louis, Missouri, usa dealership for Hummers and people are just driving them off the lot like crazy. They are big, wide, and tall. I'd rather follow a big semi tractor-trailer truck on the freeway. At least they are predictable---Hummer drivers are not.
I'll get off my soap box now.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Monster SUV's

Ah, a thread for my favorite post:

(with due credit to Mr. Horsey, I edited the original - the victim was actually driving a Miata!)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yup, that's it, diane. Great toon!! What the biker sees last is the bumper sticker on the back which reads "Proud member of the It's All About Me Club"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Alan,

We have got one Hummer here in Alicante District. Owned by one of the local Spainish Mafioso. (am I allowed to say that ? :wink: ). Never brings it in to town 'cos it's too wide for the parking bays, car park barriers, underground car parks ect ect ect.... Shame.. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hummer...

Aha, great investment he made in that Hummer! It will probably dry rot from lack of use. If he had a Burgman I bet that wouldn't stay parked at home! And Burgmans fit in parking bays nicely! I really do not have a problem with the vehicle itself. It is the drivers I dislike...there should be a drivers training course and license endorsement to be had for them. We have to have a special license for motorcycles here in the states for "safety" reasons. The Hummers are a 10,000 pound military vehicle disquised as an SUV! If that shouldn't require a safety course then I don't know what would qualify!

I have been almost run over or run off the road at least a dozen times in the last year...mostly in my CAR, only twice on the scoot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts