Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Capture+_2021-06-11-19-16-26.png

Watched a video of Cerakote Trim Coat. Looked like just the stuff to coat my 2009 AN650K9. All the dark Tupperware, which encompasses quite a bit. Clean and wipe on lasts 200 washes claimed. Heaven in a box I thought. Here is why the caution comes in.Their products only removal method Is abrasion, no chemical removal. ABSOLUTE DEAL BREAKER.

·
Registered
2016 Burgman Exec Matte Black
108 Posts
Hmm. Thanks for that heads up. I had looked at that product online, but never had one in my hands to read the box.

On a similar note, I was just reading a post on Pinterest regarding low cost hacks, suggesting Vasoline as a conditioner for the black plastic parts.
I'm going to have a small sample try of that.
Since plastic is a petroleum product, maybe the Vasoline is appropriate?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. Thanks for that heads up. I had looked at that product online, but never had one in my hands to read the box.

On a similar note, I was just reading a post on Pinterest regarding low cost hacks, suggesting Vasoline as a conditioner for the black plastic parts.
I'm not a fan of anything greasy that stays greasy.Especially when that's on top and can be touched and felt. Safety reasons, slippery, and if it doesn't dry it will catch and keep the dust and dirt it goes by. Prolly take Dawn to get it off. A degreaser of some sort for sure. Keep a towel handy, keep it off your clothes. On closer thought, are you still into try the low cost petroleum jelly?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
why the need to remove actually? wouldnt you just wash the bike and then apply more on top like regular? 200 washes my behind but 10 times, that would be great. as long as it goes on with out spots and streaks

armor all and son of a gun doesnt last long. like dann said, greasy attracts dust and dirt. ill have to do some research on this product. faded black is the number killer to make any bike look bad and worn out. glossy paint can get polished and rejuvinated. and im not into user a heat gun as that will wear the part out even faster.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The Vasoline trick makes sense as stated above, although I've not tried it.
I saw someone on Youtube recondition a seat with baby oil.

·
Premium Member
17,485 Posts

I've used vaseline on some cars black trim stuff, exterior, It looks ok, isn't slippery, doesn't stay on long, 3 or 4 washes . dunno about if it damages surface, doesn't seem to, but there are different grades, medical, common,indusstrial, and I dunno what the difference is, but NONE of them are good to use with certain thin rubbery tubular protective items and that statement is not a bovine excrement statement

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Vasoline trick makes sense as stated above, although I've not tried it.
I saw someone on Youtube recondition a seat with baby oil.
View attachment 94263

Watched a video of Cerakote Trim Coat. Looked like just the stuff to coat my 2009 AN650K9. All the dark Tupperware, which encompasses quite a bit. Clean and wipe on lasts 200 washes claimed. Heaven in a box I thought. Here is why the caution comes in.Their products only removal method Is abrasion, no chemical removal. ABSOLUTE DEAL BREAKER.
An update to using Cerakote Trim on our Burgman's directly from Cerakote. Answered same day. The question of plastic type is on a separate thread. After I asked the question, when I got home I pulled the fuse panel/air filter door showed PP.

Capture+_2021-06-18-07-00-04.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts