Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found myself stuck in first gear yesterday and following a quick check of this excellent forum thought I had a simple solution. :mad:

I prized the switch open using a screwdriver and some WD40 and fully expected the bike to work as normal, unfortunately it did not! I am still stuck in first!

I am wondering if i have not opened it enough or it may be broken? I live in London and have used the bike all winter without even knowing about the switch so it has taken some stick.

Any suggestions please or has anybody suffered a similar problem?

Many thanks for your help.

Howard

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Quick way to find out if it is broken is to just unplug it. If the bike then shifts normally you can assume the switch is stuck in the closed position.

Bad news is that to get to the plug you will probably have to remove the floorboards. The plug is under the floorboard cover just in front of the seat nose. You might be able to reach it just by removing the service access panel but from experience I doubt it.

Of course you could just cut one of the wires going to the switch. If the bike starts shifting you are going to need a new one anyway. If it does not then you will be faced with repairing the cut wire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help, I have manged to get the button out and it has started "shifting". I think I will cut the wire as you say, it will need replacing anyway because it is bent.

Thank goodness for this forum, initially i thought I had a major CVT problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts