Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, how often does everyone put their Bike on the center stand?

Is ther a concern over suspension, tires, etc. for leaving it on the side stand longer than a week?

How long do you wait if your not going to ride for a while ( 1 day , 1 week, 1 month) before you put it on the center stand?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Center Stand

ITs more of a stability thing.... Leaving the bike on the center stand is very stable.. not much chance of it falling over. The Burgman is easy to put on the center stand so its a good place for it. I only use the side stand if I'm leaving the bike for a little while.
RV

·
Registered
409 Posts
Every street bike that I have owned have had a centerstand. For stability and safety, I always put them up on the centerstand. However, if my bikes had a locking side stand like the Harleys, I would use the side stand.

Eddie

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I always use the center stand as well. The bike won't start on the side stand. I like to start the bike and let it warm up while I'm putting on my jacket ,helmet and gloves. The only time I use the sidestand is if I'm stopped to run into a store and the bike won't need to be warmed up.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Jim said:
Just wondering, how often does everyone put their Bike on the center stand?...
95% of the time my scoots are on their center stand. Pretty much the only time I use the side stand in on hot or new blacktop. Naturally, I use sidestand plate down to keep it from sinking into the macadam.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Centre Stand

Like most, its the centre stand almost every time, I find the Burgman well balanced and easy to get on the centre stand. Like Minnmax, its a side stand plate if I am going to put her on the side stand.

Regards

·
Registered
793 Posts
I use centerstand to prevent tire spots and for easy starting.

In San Francisco, I use sidestand and parking brake, just in case
of an earthquake.
A centerstanded bike can do a pirouette during a quake, just before it falls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts