Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any tricks for one person to get the machine up on the center stand? When I try to roll it back and up by myself it has a tendency to want to tip.

·
Premium Member
8,179 Posts
get yourself a 2 foot long piece of 2 1/2 in diameter steel pipe, slip it over the part your foot goes on, use the other end of the pipe as the foot pad and it will lever up no problem. even when you have some "jacking material under the center stand legs

Reactions: Tromper

·
Registered
439 Posts
What he says at the 5 minute mark, about pushing down on the stand and balancing the bike, you'll feel it touch the 2 feet of the stand. As for lifting, its lifting with the right arm and pushing down with the right foot at the same time; don't worry about it going back, it does that on its own.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The ONLY time I laid the bike down was when I was getting gas.

The pad wasn't level, leaning away from me. So when I started to put the bike on the stand, it, too, was leaning away from me. Yes, I know, I should have turned the bike around, I didn't think about it. Anyway, as the bike was lifting, my foot slipped off the stand. So the stand flew back up, the bike was leaning away from me, and I had nothing to do but either lay it down, or fall on top of it.

I was able to lay it down somewhat gentle, and stand it back up. But that was not a fun lesson to learn. If you MUST put the bike on the center stand on an non-level surface... Stand downhill!!!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yes, make sure the ground is level.
Yes, make sure the ground is solid enough so the feet of the stand (side or center) don't sink in. BTDT
Yes, left hand on left grip ONLY to balance yourself... Then right hand on left passenger grab rail (toward the front of the rail is better but so you can hold it firmly)... Then with your right foot on center stand lever feel for BOTH feet of the center stand to touch the ground and as you put your entire weight on the center stand lever those feet will keep the bike straight up (provided the ground is solid and level)... Then while keeping your right arm stiff stand on the center stand lever and push DOWN with your right foot keeping your body relatively straight up. Don't try to LIFT with your arm or shoulders or you WILL injure yourself. Think of pushing your foot away from your hand.

I had the BEST experience to practice with to make getting the Burgman 650 up on the center stand like lifting a roll of Charmin. I learned on my Gold Wing. And THAT is a heavy bike to get onto the center stand. After that no other bike is even close to being a problem. Used this exact same procedure to put the GW on the center stand easily.

Oh, and since there is one feature on the Burgman scoots that is not on other motorcycles... make sure the parking brake is NOT engaged. This can be done if it is but much easier if it isn't.

Reactions: Howard189

·
Super Moderator
2,331 Posts
(Front view)
(Back view).

That should cover this. Easy Peasy.

Is there any tricks for one person to get the machine up on the center stand? When I try to roll it back and up by myself it has a tendency to want to tip.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Tromper ..... You gotta tell me about the Leningrad Cowboys ...!
A real show band !

They got the same hair dresser as The Donald ;)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Those videos are pretty good at showing how easy it is to lift the Burg onto the centre stand.

Only two things to note. When you first put the centre stand down to touch the ground, gently rock the bike side to side until you feel that BOTH feet are touching the ground before you try the lift.

And I personally have my right foot facing to the rear on the lever and essentially just "step up" onto the lever and voila, the bike she come up onto the stand!

Just get a spotter on the other side of the scoot for a few times while you practice.

Steve

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all that replied. Tomorrow I'm going to give it a go again.:serious

1 - 10 of 10 Posts