Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can buy a center-stand for a 2013 Burgman 650? My dealer keeps getting the "on back-order" response. Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Does this mean that the new 2013 and on B650's don't have a center stand?

It looks like in your avater that you have a center stand.

Sam:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
From the little that I know, the center stands
on all years of 650's are the same...except that
the newer ones are better built...maybe you can
find a good used one.

·
Registered
426 Posts
L3+ have centre stand fitted as standard... as do most scooters. It is motorcycles where seemingly manufacturers are opting to not fit centre stands or offer them as an optional (paid for) extra. Some motorcycles a centre stand is not even an option... so much for progress. IMHO a centre stand is a necessary requirement. Any bike (regardless of scooter or motorcycle) that doesn't have a centre stand or an ability to fit one, is not a option in my buying decision. I've 8 moto's in my garage(s) and only one doesn't have a centre stand (got the bike cheap-ish and limited by availability in mainland China)... and it is for sale complete with the race/paddock stand.

YMMV.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Porky...The 2008-2012 center-stand (part #42100-10G14) seems to differ from the 2013 stand (part #42100-26J00). My stand was hit by a cager and bent.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the little that I know, the center stands
on all years of 650's are the same...except that
the newer ones are better built...maybe you can
find a good used one.
Duster...The 2008-2012 center-stand (part #42100-10G14) seems to differ from the 2013 stand (part #42100-26J00). My stand was hit by a cager and bent.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Duster...The 2008-2012 center-stand (part #42100-10G14) seems to differ from the 2013 stand (part #42100-26J00). My stand was hit by a cager and bent.
OK...thanks for the updated advice...

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My stand was hit by a cager and bent.
If it is simply bent then it can be straightened. If you cannot do it yourself take it to a welding shop and ask them to heat it up and bend it back to as it was. Much cheaper than buying a new stand. ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it is simply bent then it can be straightened. If you cannot do it yourself take it to a welding shop and ask them to heat it up and bend it back to as it was. Much cheaper than buying a new stand. ;)

peelbrow...I'm gonna give that a shot! Thanks for the advice! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts