Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the Cee Bailey wind shield? Looks like it might be a good product, and cheaper then Givi or Clearview. How about the Laminar Lip? I just hate to spend money on something that turns out not to work! That seems to be a common problem with wind shields on the Forums I follow.

Jerry in FL

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a Cee Bailey windshield on my previous bike. I was very satisfied with it, the quality was at least as good if not better than the OEM. It was also a tad thicker which made it more stable with higher speeds.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I tried out the Laminar Lip - it did cut down on buffeting above 60mph, but I didn't like the lines formed by the top of the stock screen and the Lip. It was visually "busy" to me as I often look through the windscreen. From a cosmetic/aesthetic standpoint, I wasn't thrilled with the size (width) relative to the stock. So, I'm waiting for Clearview to finish their screen for the 400 . . . and my refund from Laminar.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the Cee Bailey Website, it looks like a good product. Seems like they make windshields for airplanes as well. I saw that they have 4 different Models specifically for the AN650 and was wondering if anyone here at one. I am confused by the different sizes...like how does one know what size they need until they try it??

Jerry in FL

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I had a Cee Bailey tall windscreen on my '03 Suzuki V-Strom. Thinner material than Clearview uses, good optics, butt ugly on that bike, but worked great. I used it during the colder riding months, but went back to the shorty stock screen in the Summer.

Clearview also has various sizes. Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer for their recommendation. They'll need to know your height, and your inseam. (For any given height, a shorter inseam means you sit taller - more of your height is upper body).

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Hi CycleChamp,

I do not know that windscreen so can't help you there but I did buy the laminar lip and replaced it with the Givi (for 400) as Clearview hasn't come out with the 400 version as yet.
The Lip helped but still had more wind around the sides than I cared for.
I also agree that the lip added more interferance than I wanted visually.
So, $80+ down the drain.
The Givi is nice and I love it but I would like the vents that the Clearview offers as well as the better optics others have mentioned in other threads.
In this case I feel you get what you pay for and unless you need something in the interim I'd say wait for the Clearview. Especially from a financial standpoint. Add that $80+ to my $140+ and my Givi became the most expensive windscreen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts