Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I just bought an AN400 k9 which was vandalized. Some parts were stolen , I bought it like that and I am trying to rebuild it.
Among other things the CDI box is missing.
Can someone please tell me if I buy a second hand CDI box will it work with my keys? I have both original keys, the locks and the transponder are in good condition.
In case it will not work which is the cheapest solution to solve my problem?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
NOT A CDI But a ECU and there Expensive, Right now there are Currently None on After market Boxes right now! The ECU controls every thing on the scooter Light,Starter,Engine, Etc, Etc,
You will have to get the Stock One.. Look on Ebay may be one up there Just type Burgman 400

Elliott,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you are right, it is an ECU not just a CDI .
I have already bought a second hand ECU but I don't have all the other missing parts yet to make a test, and I was curious if it will work or not, I don't know where the immobilizer code is stored , in the ECU or in the transponder.
At motorcycles usually the keys codes are stored in the ECU but I don't have experience with scooters....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If your scooter is a US market one I don't think they have a immobiliser.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
In that case I think you will need the key's and possibly the lock that came with the ecu you are using,
though a Suzuki dealer with the correct software may be able to disable the immobiliser.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After I have changed the electric harness with the one bought second hand together with the ECU , I have switched on the ignition and noticed that the immobilizer indicator in the dashboard was blinking fast, so clearly the code of the key is stored in the ECU. The electronic part around the key hole is just a reader which reads the code of the key and sends it to the ECU.
I called the guy from which I bought the harness and the ECU and he was still having one key, and the locks from the ignition and gas tank so I took those also.

Now when I turn on the ignition switch the immobilizer indicator goes off like it should. I can't try to start the engine yet because the fuel injector is missing , I hope it will start :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts