Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First -- I have a Cobra WX CB (setup for MC mount with plug in for headset and push to talk strap on handle bar).

Second -- Used it on the Burgman 650 with issues. Seems to be a problem on most installations on the Burgman 650 (although there are some that say they do not have it). Extreme noise on a lot of channels due to XMISSION Shifting (I found that out one day when I went to Manual Mode and had a lot less noise). Some channels not as bad. EX: CH 1 is unusable with squelch turned up so high, you can't communicate with anyone. I managed using CH 2 with the squelch turned up (could communicate for normal group ride separations). Still a continuous pretty noisy irritating HUMMMing. Apparently it comes thru the power connection (mine was connected thru the 12v outlet). A friend used his CB (same kind) on it's on batteries (recharging last for a day) and had no noise problems.

Third --- Installed on the Burgman 400 the other day. Very noisy all the time (more HUMMMing and static, RPM related, than on the Burgman 650. But the Burgman 650 is worse/worse/worse when shifting and on the wrong CB Channel and Burgman 650 is not as bad on the HUMMMing when on Ch 2.

By the way -- squelch setting / volume setting do not affect the noise (HUMMMing Noise) level. Squelch does help on the noise caused by shifting on the Burgman 650. .

Just wondering -- any other experiences with CBs on Burgman 400???

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Never tried it on a Burgman, but I'm a ham radio operator and it sounds like you have some sort of ground loop issue. What are you using for power? You might have better luck taking the hot wire from a different place.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never tried it on a Burgman, but I'm a ham radio operator and it sounds like you have some sort of ground loop issue. What are you using for power? You might have better luck taking the hot wire from a different place.
Plugged in to the 12V Outlet in the glove compartment on the 400 - so is the GPS.

I also used the 12v outlet in glove compartment on the Burgman 650 (there is a lot of discussion on the 650 Threads about CB Noise from the Xmaission operation, most ahve it and some do not).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Paul try running the power and ground straight off the battery, and running a ground from the battery to the ground side of the antenna. That always eliminated alternator whine and spark plug popping from a CB on the older cars. might be worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe try directly to the battery. I ahve that on my NINJA 500 hookup (it is nosiy, but almost liveable - I do live with it).

I figured this Scooter (400) would be OK -- as the power outlet is up front and the engine is so far back, plus the XMISSION activity on the Burgman 650 is the main issue. Not to say it is not otherwise also noisy, because it is and enough to be very irritating.

Maybe a ground wire directly to the antenna ground side would help (I would think the dumb thing would be grounded internally).

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts