Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Yellow Caution Tail Light for when "engine braking" is occuring.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've already added mercury switch activated blinking LED's to light up when I deccelerate - make them standard. And use the rest of the molding that you have for the tailights! I added LED's into the unlit light housing of my wife's 400, and to the sides of my 650. They were molded to house additional bulbs - but it seems as though only the Asia-Pacific models get them!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Suzuki - this is what we want - http://www.brakeflasher.com

You can easily mount them into your backrest, or get a pair and mount them into your taillights (much more involved, and harder to adjust).

Decelleration (or bumps, or going downhill) make the mercury move forward and activate them - not the engine braking itself...

·
Registered
679 Posts
I agree

I often use the engine braking and never touch the brake, just as I do in my car. I know that in both situations, the driver behind me is unaware I am slowing down since my brake lights don't come on. If I see someone close behind me, while using my engine braking, I sometimes briefly flash my brakelights to get their attention. Probably a good safety tip is that when you are stopped at the end of a line of traffic, such as at a construction site, it might be smart to turn on your hazard lights. I like having TWO tail lights, by the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts