Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cargo side car for my 2007 burgman 650. anyone have any suggestions or recomendations on what or who to contact? I just want more cargp space as my wife requires extra change of clothes etc.on long over night stays.

Dave

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you don't have enough storage room by adding top box and saddlebags (I use the Givi E52 top box and Givi side boxes because they are about the best), then I would suggest you look into a small trailer way before you go the sidecar route. Sidecars are problematic at best in that they change the complete dynamics of the bike from steering to stopping to suspension and typically not for the better. Add to that the highest cost of any of your touring options and a small one wheeled trailer looks pretty good.

You might also remember that you are riding a scooter that has not been engineered for excessive weight like a Goldwing is. Added weight in the form of a trailer can easily put undue stress on frame welds and engine components. Just because someone gets away with it for a bit does not make it a good idea. Check with your dealer to see what pulling a trailer or adding a sidecar will do to a new bike warranty.

Just trying to be helpful, not a partypooper...

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
dalin said:
I just want more cargp space as my wife requires extra change of clothes etc.on long over night stays.
Dave
A clam-shell type luggage container on a small 2-wheel trailer
will be a lot less problems....like the ones that are sold at
Harbor Freight...( but not everyone is close to a Harbor Freight ).
For a trailer hitch for your 650, check
http://hitchusa.com
Look under Suzuki...then Burgman...the part number is 163.
They also have 1-wheel trailers available...
if you can afford one of those, they tow very nicely, according
to the owners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts