Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am blessed with good friends. One of my friends rides a Goldwing, and his wife rides a Honda Shadow 750. They got the Cardo Scala G9x Powerset for themselves so that they could talk while riding. (He is an ABATE riding instructor, and they used it for instructional purposes as she is just learning to ride by herself.)

Because they loved it so much, and because they are such good friends, they bought my wife and I the same set (although my wife doesn't ride her own bike). We paired them together (super simple) and went for a ride. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! We can talk to each other and I can make phone calls from mine while riding. Called my mom in Ohio, and the connection was so good that she thought I was in my living room. I was actually doing about 50 MPH at the time.

Paired with my phone, and listening to Pandora, I can hear my music with no problems at highway speeds via my in-helmet speakers.

We haven't had the chance to do this yet, but I guess you can pair 4 units together so that all 4 can talk via intercom.

This is a GREAT product, and I would encourage others to buy them or get really good friends like mine!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have Scala's Q2 system and really like it as well. I've thought about upgrading to the G9 as it would be nice to be able to chat with more than one other headset. My Q2 is used daily for the radio function and I agree with you on the mobile application, I've received many phone calls where the connecting party had no idea I was traveling down the road on my bike. Now if I can only get the wife to ride with me.......

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I set up the Cardo G9 for a friend and his wife, but could not seem to find any way to get enough volume. I updated the software and set the gain to max, but it's still low. I was able to pair the G9 with my Sena SMH10 easily. But the volume of the G9 is very poor.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Paul I have found out the placement of the speakers makes a big difference. Every so often I'll think only one speaker is working and sure enuf one speaker will need moved inline with my ear. When I have them adjusted right they are too loud when turned up all the way. They have to be right inline with my ears for me to hear them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts