Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
This is what I am using: http://www.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/r...KW&Label=F-C-72-3&details=Ordern&typ=R-133871

There are others that use this tire on this forum and it was recommended to me by them. It is the first CT that I have used on my 650 Burgy and so far it has done me well. Just a few hours ago I was on an evening ride and once again marveling at how smooth and quiet the tire is.

Unless this tire becomes unavailable by the time my bike needs a new one, hopefully at least another 20-25,000 miles down the road, I plan on putting the same back on it again. No complains at all. None.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The stock Bridgestone only lasted 4,013 miles. Although it performed well, I was very disappointed; I get that much mileage out of the rears on my sport bike.

I just installed a Metzler Feel Free on my 650, which is not a cheap tire. If it doesn't do much better, I'll try a CT next.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Thanks. The stock Bridgestone only lasted 4,013 miles.
Believe it or not they actually go another 3,000-4,000 miles between the wear bar showing and any wear where the cord first starts to show. The Bridgestone has a much thicker center section than other tires. I got 9,500 miles on the first rear tire before the first cord barely showed unlike the Pirellis which wears very fast which had cords showing just under 5,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
The problem with that is that in many jurisdictions the tire is is classified as 'illegal' once below the wear bars.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The problem with that is that in many jurisdictions the tire is is classified as 'illegal' once below the wear bars.
Then I'll just dig out my tire iron and groove me some new thread. But is that just one wear bar or all of them? ;) Actually I think in my state its a measurement of like 1/32" anywhere on the tire.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am also using the Federal formoza FD1 also.

It has been a very good tire so far, and still looks like new three riding seasons on it, i'm still very happy with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts