Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the poles are showing Obama ahead, are over half the Americans brain dead, I just don't understand why you are throwing your country away. I see Obama thinks the view was more imp than meeting with world leaders when the world is on the verge of war with Iran, **** is coming and you better wake up people and get your head out of the sand or up you know who's behind. It reminds me of the people who were following Hitler and lead them into a war. From the out side looking in this is what it looks like to me, it's scary to think he is going to go back in . I'm not trying to get a argument going, just trying to understand the American mind, I thought you were smarter than that.
I still say Obama will go down in history and the worst president and take USA down with it with his ideas which will not work.
good luck , you will need it

Wayne

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
About half of us feel just like you do...

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
I feel the poles and media are biased. The real pole will come Nov 6th. I feel that the Liberal turn out will be much lower than the 08 turn out. In 08, people wanted the "Hope & Change" and was sold a bill of goods. What everyone has gotten is NOT what most wanted. I will be surprised if he gets a second term. He got elected because he is black and will be fired because he has NOT done the job and will go down in history as the worst president ever. I am sure I will flamed for my comments but we have to get America back in the right direction. Bigger Federal Government and redistribution is not the answer.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I found it refreshing to have a Canadians perspective of our long walk off a short pier. The race is close as the incumbent usually has a lead at this point in time. Romney needs to get on his horse and get tough. He needs to give Americans political direction and fiscal certainty without using smoke and mirrors. I am already sold on his moral fiber and business know-how. No matter what happens, I will find it interesting to see if the majority of voting Americans opens it's eyes to see the end of the pier right before them and do the right thing for themselves or just continue to let Washington bankrupt us and our kids until the party is over. 'Last call anyone?' :drunken:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
The poles aren't necessarily all that accurate. Most polling companies use a mix based upon the last presidential election's turnout. Example might be that in 2008, the Democrats had a turnout of 52%, Republicans 43% and Independants 5%. They assume the same turnout for 2012 and therefore survey 52% Dems, 43% Rep. and 5% Ind. to arrive at their final estimate. If fewer Dems and more Reps show up to vote this year, the results won't reflect the current estimates. Some companies use an even mix like 45, 45 and 10 as an example. Those results reflect a much closer race. The left leaning media utilizes the first example to show their candidate way out in front while the media on the right quote the second. It's still a long way from election day and lots can happen till then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts