Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

I surpassed 3600 miles today, and as expected, the oil change reminder light came back on.

There is now no shutting it off that I can figure out.

For anyone has more miles than I do, please enlighten me.

No matter which interval I set it to, as soon as I press both buttons in to "turn off" the setting mode, the warning comes back on.

As stupid as it sounds, my Burgman seems to have an oil indicator reminder that works on actual miles, not future miles yet to pass.

Example: I set it to "300", so that in 300 miles, I'll be reminded again (i.e. close to the 4000 mile mark), but it comes on immediately, because I'm far and away past the original 300 mile mark, rather than IN 300 MILES.

Help!

David

·
Registered
969 Posts
With the key in the 'off' position, press both right buttons on the display while turning switch to 'on'. Wait until the 'oil change' stops flashing. I had the same problem the other day and it took a couple of minutes to figure it out. I'd done it before. Seems like the instructions were in the Owners Manual, but I searched it and the Service Manual and didn't find it anywhere. Probably just impatient. :roll:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wasions

It worked.

I was entering the "set oil reminder interval" mode with the ignition "on", and even so, it goes into it. I didn't think it mattered if started from "off" or "on", but as you pointed out, it does.

Thanks for your help.

I was too stubborn to look in the manual again, I guess, thinking I knew how to do it.

David

·
Registered
11 Posts
oil change indicator

Thanks for the heads up on how to turn off the oil change indicator....I read manual completely but did not find info to do same...Now the little buger is gone!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts