Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help!
I've only been riding for 2 years. Started with a 125cc Xtreme. I picked up my Burgman 2 weeks ago and just love it, everything about it screams ride me.
Here's my problem: I had the dealer take some of the foam out of the seat in hopes it would lower it enough so I can reach the ground with "flat" feet. It did help but not enough. Is there any way I can lower the bike, 1 to 1 1/2 inches? Has anyone tried this before? Any help or suggestions would be gladly accepted.
Thank God for 2 Wheels...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello DavidM,

I fully understand your problem - however the gains made by removing some of the polstering from the saddle will be short lived in as much as the ride gets harder (rough roads etc.) Maybe you could find other foot wear that would help in terms of thicker soles - but do make certain that the material isn't slippery when wet.

But as you gain more riding experience and confidence then the 1.5 inches will not seem to be so important any more. When you come to a halt just lean your machine ever so slightly to one side and that will help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Hope your right, I'm fine when I'm by myself, I don't have the guts to my wife on the back yet...
Thanks for the advice...Dave M. South Jersey, USA

·
Registered
793 Posts
stay all night and save the population

DavidM,
It's an eerie feeling while stopped to have your riding mate lean over at an inopportune
moment, throwing the driver onto one foot without the riding mate being able to touch their
feet to the ground and help.

Having a riding mate get on and off the bike only when the sidestand is down
helps alot but in an emergency, the riding mate has no way to get off the Burgy
while the driver is seated unless the driver throws the stand down and scootches up.
You 25 year olds who possess muscle may keep on holding the bike up
if their riding mate stands on one floorboard before swinging the other foot
over, if the sidestand is up.
Maybe not.

An AN650 will rest on the underside of a floorboard if dropped plus both the
kickstand and centerstands will scrape.
If either cycle driver or riding mate gets their foot under a floorboard in
a botched attempt at moving feet to the pavement as the Burgy goes
down, they'll get crushed feet/ankles/toes etc....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts