Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Burgman 650...Everywhere I look it says I should have a clock, even googled up pictures of where it should be but it's nothing like what my dash looks like. Where it shows a clock, I have idiot lights that show, water temp, oil, brake lock and a *********?? What am I missing here?

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
They changed the dash in 2012 so if you are looking at pictures of the dash on models prior to that they won't do you any good.

As for exactly where the clock is on a 2012, I don't know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manufacture date on my bike is 7/12, so are you saying they didn't have a clock before this time?

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Yes they had a clock. It is located on the lower left hand side of the dash. What I am saying is I don't know where it is located on your bike. I though it was in the same location on the 2012 but it may not be as I've only seen one 2012 and did not pay attention to where the clock display was.

On the earlier models the clock is displayed even when the key is turned off. I would expect yours would be the same.

With a 7/12 manufacture date I would surmise it is a 2012 model but is it possible it is an early construction 2013 model. Do you have two round gauges for the speedometer and tach. If so that is a 2013. The clock on it is displayed at the top center of the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you have the cluster I think you have, then your odometer is on the big LCD display in the top left? If so, then your clock is right below the odometer.

It does not come on when the bike is off like the previous years do and if you have a temperature there instead of a clock, (if I remember the floor model I was looking at a year ago), while the bike is running, hold the select and the reset buttons down for like two seconds and it will turn the temp off and the time on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my first post I gave a description of what is in the area where I thought the clock was from pictures I've seen. The speedometer and tach are in the same pod,definitely no clock anywhere on the dash. I'm starting to wonder if I have a Canadian or European model if that's possible.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There are three clusters for the 650.

The one you said you saw pictures of, (and is the most common from 2003-2011), the one I just described to you (2012), and one with analog speedo and tach with a digital LCD between the two. (2013-?)

Which one have you got? They all have clocks but most will display the clock OR the outside temp. Not both at the same time.

This help any?

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Quick way to resolve this, take a picture of your dash and post it on here. That way we will know which one you have.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
This is a screenshot from topspeed.com. Listed as a 2012 650. VERY odd that you don't have a clock! Or time adjustment buttons??

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you have a 2012, looking at the dash there are two buttons "select" on the left and "adjust" on the right. The adjust will toggle between clock and temp.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you have a 2012, looking at the dash there are two buttons "select" on the left and "adjust" on the right. The adjust will toggle between clock and temp.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Derril is right. Play with the buttons and see what you''ll discover ��

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I feel stupid too. When topspeed.com reviewed the 2012 650, I assumed they were using pictures of a 2012 model.

I guess I've never seen a 2012 in the wild, 'cause that dash is totally unfamiliar to me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I feel stupid too. When topspeed.com reviewed the 2012 650, I assumed they were using pictures of a 2012 model.

I guess I've never seen a 2012 in the wild, 'cause that dash is totally unfamiliar to me!
Deleted pics, but your right, the dash looks nothing like what I've been able to bring up on the computer to look at. Still not able to bring up a temp gauge and I see that's something on other machines of this year.

·
Registered
704 Posts
For those interested, this is the dash on my 2012 650.
Looks just like my '12. The clock is on the left as depicted, 5:30.

There is no temp gauge, just an idiot lite.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts