Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen in a couple of different posts of people with a K&N air filter. I've had two different shops tell me they can't get one and one said he went to the filter site but none for B400. Can anyone tell me where I can get one and does it increase the performance at all? How much cost?

Also, in another thread I posted about Burgman getting louder and found out what was doing it. There is a small vacuum hose connected to the top of the airbox cover to a map sensor or something and it had disconnected causing the sound not to mention a lean condition. Take note to give it a check next time you sevice your air filter.

ekp

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
check K & N web site there listed I think the air filter su2599 @ around 48 dollars
oil filter is KN132
Also do a search there are a few threads about K & N

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Randy for the info. Now does anybody know of performance benefits?

ekp

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
EKP, my hunch is that the K&N won't provide any noticable diff in performance. What it does do is let more air thru as it is more porous than the foam that you have now. I've always been a K&N fan and am now using their oil filters and had planned to put in an air filter as well until i read an article somewhere on the internet about a test of various air filter materials....the test being for capturing the most dirt. Foam came in higher than the K&N; even paper did bettter. That made me decide to stick with foam which is easily washed and reoiled.

I'll be doing my 6K valve job next week and will check the hose's on the air box to make sure none are off. Perhaps that where my noise is coming from also. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts